PDA

View Full Version : Child safety wristbands

mumofone
11-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Does anyone use wrist bands with safety/contact info incase they get lost for children when out and about or on outings? Are there any cons to using them? Are there any good ones available?

JoRo163
11-02-2015, 10:36 AM
I do when on day trips. Not so much on everyday park trips or school runs, but we use a large soft play centre and go on day trips in the hols where I like the peace of mind. I got some reusable wristbands from Amazon, (around £3 each) where I just wrote my mobile number. No other info, or names. My youngest children wear them, older ones have a business card in their pocket, as apparently a wrist band is not cool! Ha ha

mumofone
11-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I do when on day trips. Not so much on everyday park trips or school runs, but we use a large soft play centre and go on day trips in the hols where I like the peace of mind. I got some reusable wristbands from Amazon, (around £3 each) where I just wrote my mobile number. No other info, or names. My youngest children wear them, older ones have a business card in their pocket, as apparently a wrist band is not cool! Ha ha

Thanks JoRo, what kind of pen do they need, just a regular biro? What kind of material are they or are they paper/card? Have you experienced any downsides to using them?

Chatterbox Childcare
11-02-2015, 11:00 AM
I purchased some silicon ones from China with my name and phone number and all the children will wear them from 1 year to 14 years.

Whatever you get make it neutral (not pink because boys won't wear them) and bright so someone else will notice it if a child is found

mumofone
11-02-2015, 11:06 AM
I purchased some silicon ones from China with my name and phone number and all the children will wear them from 1 year to 14 years. Whatever you get make it neutral (not pink because boys won't wear them) and bright so someone else will notice it if a child is found

Thanks CC where did you get yours from?

JoRo163
11-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks JoRo, what kind of pen do they need, just a regular biro? What kind of material are they or are they paper/card? Have you experienced any downsides to using them? Thanks :-)

They're a soft, flexible material, but not sure what lol not rubber or plastic, but somewhere in between, if that makes sense. They have a plastic clip so you can adjust them to child's wrist size and cant be easily removed by the littlies (but can by me). I wrote on them just with ordinary black biro pen

smurfette
11-02-2015, 01:02 PM
They're a soft, flexible material, but not sure what lol not rubber or plastic, but somewhere in between, if that makes sense. They have a plastic clip so you can adjust them to child's wrist size and cant be easily removed by the littlies (but can by me). I wrote on them just with ordinary black biro pen

Are they infobands ? I use these and they are great

JoRo163
11-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Are they infobands ? I use these and they are great

Yes, that's it! Works perfectly for my lot!

mumofone
12-03-2015, 03:51 PM
For those of you that use these, do you have to get parents permission/tell them you'll be using them first? Do you use them just on walking aged children I presume??!

FloraDora
12-03-2015, 05:29 PM
I bought some before registering, paper ones that you write on, at the time I thought they were important!

I have never used them as The max I have per adult is 2:1 and we wouldn't lose them in our little nature reserve/ park/ field / playground/ local shop/ library van/ community cafe.

If I went somewhere busy I might use them.

I have 100!!!

Mouse
12-03-2015, 06:00 PM
For those of you that use these, do you have to get parents permission/tell them you'll be using them first? Do you use them just on walking aged children I presume??!

I'd put one on a toddler in a pushchair as well (not babies though). It means that when they're old enough to walk they're already used to wearing them & know they have to have them on if they want to be like the big kids!