PDA

View Full Version : Expanding quickly!

zanacal
10-02-2015, 10:25 PM
A local childminder friend has just given up and recommended me to her clients, which I'm so grateful for, but I am taking on 4 new children over the next couple of months and will be at full capacity. I started childminding in May and so far have had lovely relaxing days with my own daughter and one other child most days, occasionally one more, one day off each week .... I'm a little worried about whether I can carry on doing the job as well as I have been but am excited about it being busier at home! I was already in the process of taking on an Assistant for emergencies but she is going to come to me for one morning a week, so I'm glad we had that in place. I do all my paperwork myself and I'm pretty happy with it - it crossed my mind that I might consider something more technical for more children but I'm not sure if it will be any quicker than what I have and I like being able to adapt it entirely to my taste. I will have to be hotter on planning. At the moment it's really easy for me to go with the flow because I only have one child's interests and next steps to consider most days and that approach works really well. Advice and hand holding gratefully received!

Oh and we are getting a puppy in 3 weeks! I knew I had a quiet couple of months coming up before my new baby started ... and now I don't! The saving grace is that all but one of my children are term time only :) I also have some enquiries from after schoolies but I have 3 older children of my own so I will say no to these now.

lisbet
10-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Exciting and daunting at the same time! I think you're wise to say no to the schoolies, and that the quieter school holidays will help keep a good work-life balance. :)