PDA

View Full Version : Where do you store your cleaning bits?

mumofone
10-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Just wondered where you store your cleaning things for on the go cleaning throughout the day like wipes or spray for high chairs and wipes or spray for changing mats etc? I was thinking it's impractical to have it in my cleaning cupboard when I need it throughout the day. For my own child I leave dettol wipes and spray out to be honest (where he can't get it!) but don't think this would go down very well with OFSTED so wanted to get a kind of see through lockable/child safety kind of box. Anyone use something similar?

moggy
10-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Out of reach is fine, out of sight too is better- like a top kitchen cupboard. Does not need to be locked.
A bottom kitchen cupboard is fine with a child-lock on.

mumofone
10-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks moggy :-) I was looking for something portable really for ease of use to save me walking to the cupboard each time!

Mouse
11-02-2015, 09:05 AM
I have a nappy changing basket with baby wipes, gloves, nappy sacks, nappies, tissues and antibac wipes in it. It's on a shelf, out of reach, but not locked away. I lift it down to use when I go to change a nappy.

I then have boxes of baby wipes and tissues on a lower shelf that children can help themselves to, so there's no need for them to go in the nappy changing basket.

I don't use highchairs, but my spray to wipe down the tables is in the cupboard under the sink. It's only used a couple of times a day, so it's no hassle to go and get it, especially as I'm at the sink to do the washing up, sort drinks etc.

AliceK
11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
I have antibac wipes and spray on the side by the sink in the kitchen but no-one has access to the kitchen without me anyway as I have a gate up to keep the dog in. I also have some antibac wipes up high in the playroom. Normal wipes and tissues are also in there where the 2+ years can reach them if they need them but my 1yr olds can't. I don't keep any cleaning products in the downstairs toilet I just take stuff in with me as and when I need it. The majority of my "proper" cleaning stuff is in the kitchen cupboard with a child lock.

xxx