PDA

View Full Version : Quite a good week

buildingblocks
07-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Haven't had a chance to read manyposts since before the new year and am trying to desparately try to catch up. Had to post though as I have lost 3.5 pounds this week without really trying. Haven't decided whether or not ot go back to a class as basically I can't work out which plan I want to follow so have just been trying to eat healthily. Main thing I have done is not had hardly any chocolate (I can quite happily put away a crunchie and a twirl twice a day).

One of the things that has hit home recently is that life is too short to waste it. I had bad news last week when I found out someone I went to school with had died. He was only 44 came home from work complinigin he was tired and that was it. Don't know much more but it has made me reassess a lot of things. I may not have much money but I have a lovely hubby and would quite like to be around for a lot longer yet. So am breaking myself in slowly just eating healthily bought 3 slimming mags and going to use recipes fromthem that i like but not follow plans if htat makes sense. Hoping to start introducing some exercise over the next few weeks (the bit I hate).

Anyway hopefully over the next few nights will get caught up on posts and be able to read how you are all dong with your 'new year new you' programmes

Spangles
07-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi Kate

Sorry to hear about your school friend, that must have been awful news to hear and very shocking. That kind of thing does make you realise how precious every minute we have is.

Have to say well done on your weightloss especially as you weren't even trying! Lucky you! Maybe you could let us know one or two of the recipes you like from the mags? I've bought the WW mag today and it's got loads in so I'll have a look later - I'm not doing WW though! Can't be bothered with all that counting!

Well done!

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi Kate

So sorry to hear about your friend

Well done on your weight loss - hope you continue to do really well whatever programme you follow

Good luck

Hugs

Angel xx

sarah707
08-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Well done on the weight loss Kate... you must be proud of yourself! I gave up chocolate years ago... it's not that hard... honest! :panic:

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 08:30 AM
You gave up choc years ago Sarah ???? OMG are you mad haha

Even on my diet I am NOT going to give it up If I do have it I will count it in of course but I do not think I could manage cutting it out altogether

Angel xx

sarah707
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
It was making me fat, giving me headaches and my eczema was 10x worse than it is now...

It was the week my ex left - I barely ate anything all week, I was just so hurt and angry etc etc. Then I went out and bought a chunky Kit Kat (my fave!) I ate it and felt absolutely awful. My skin flared up and I was nearly sick with a migraine... I decided there and then that since I hadn't missed it and it was obviously not doing me any good, I might as well not bother any more!

I eat crisps a lot more now though :laughing: