PDA

View Full Version : finally met the childminder down the road

Blackhorse
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
some of you may remember my previous post about the childminder that lives down the street from me.
I was hesitating if I should go and meet her.
Well today I did and it went really well.

She seems really nice, offered help for me to get the appliction ready and then she asked me when I think I might be registered as she wants to pass on people since she is full!!! How nice is that

I am really pleased now:clapping: :clapping: :laughing:

Hannahlg
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
well that is nice of her

its good if get friends wit hanother childminder as you can talk to them about it and any problems your having and you can pass each others numbers on when full etc

sarah707
01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Well done for being brave!

I hope you told her about the forum :D

LittleAcorns
01-08-2008, 04:26 PM
she asked me when I think I might be registered as she wants to pass on people since she is full!!! :clapping: :clapping: :laughing:

I got most of my mindees from recommendation from my minder friend, so get in there :laughing: when do you think you'll be registered, did she seem friendly enough to invite you for a cuppa so you can get a feel for things

sue m
01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
That's great, like Sandra and me. We're only about 10 doors apart and she came round with the children yesterday which was lovely. We need much more time though as we were both going from one subject to another:D My buddy lives about a 10 mins walk away and she's great too. I feel much happier knowing them, we can all help each other.

miffy
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
That's great - hope she passes on lots of work to you :)

Miffy xx

LisaH
01-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Thats great. Its much better to be friends with local childminders. We formed a local group in my area, pass on children we cant take and help with holiday cover!! :)

angeldelight
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Thats lovely glad she was nice

Hope you get some work passed onto you

Angel xx

Monkey1
01-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Thats lovely. This part of town everyone seams to be out for themselves. I stopped going to the local drop in cause it was so clicky. I can't be doing with it. Women can be such *itches!

mum22
01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Well done you for making the first step - it is nice to have childminding friends close by and hopefully will work to both your advantages.:clapping:

Mollymop
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
That's great, like Sandra and me. We're only about 10 doors apart and she came round with the children yesterday which was lovely. We need much more time though as we were both going from one subject to another:D My buddy lives about a 10 mins walk away and she's great too. I feel much happier knowing them, we can all help each other.

That's exactly how I feel, Sue. I was thinking about this today

I said to hubby how nice it is to know you and that we are there to help each other out as it can be such a lonely ol' job.

I spent an hour and half round Sue's and we really had too much to tell each other!! ha

It's nice to know other childminders so stay in touch with the new friend that you have made xx

butterfly
01-08-2008, 08:45 PM
i'm glad it went well! i really want to be friends with the other minder in my town but since we both got registered at the same time we're fighting over work! it would be much nicer if we could work together!