PDA

View Full Version : Two year olds behaviour :-(

TFIFriday
09-02-2015, 06:08 PM
I have a newly turned two year old who pulls hair, pushes and hits. The thing is she only does this when she thinks I'm not looking and it is totally out of character, she is a happy lovely child and the other child usually has not done anything to deserve the behaviour - usually just sitting minding own business. I have tried visual house rules, reward chart. Parents are not very forethcoming with information or strategies, they just say she is very bad tempered at home, but this is behaviour I very rarely seem (have child 5 days a week all day) - I would like a fresh look at this and any ideas are welcome?

Thanks

sarah707
01-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Call parents in for a meeting and talk about the concerns - explain it's new behaviour you haven't seen before and you need to work together to resolve it.

Consistency is the most important thing x

TFIFriday
17-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Call parents in for a meeting and talk about the concerns - explain it's new behaviour you haven't seen before and you need to work together to resolve it. Consistency is the most important thing x

Thanks for that. I had a discussion with mum who gave me a better insight into their family life and as a result the situation has got better. Your 100% right though consistency is the key and also open honest communication from our end😃👍