PDA

View Full Version : 2 year and 3-4 year old funding

Rita46
09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
I am taking on a child that is entitled to full funding, this is a first for me! I have filled in the required forms, which was easy and sent the LA my fees policy which they requested. They have come back to me asking for details on how the funded Early Education entitlement will be offered. As far as can see they will want a statement along the lines of 'I can offer the full 15 hours per week as a funded place. Any hours above this are subject to negotiation between myself and the parent'. Has anyone had to do this, how did you write it?
Thanks

Simona
09-02-2015, 03:05 PM
I am taking on a child that is entitled to full funding, this is a first for me! I have filled in the required forms, which was easy and sent the LA my fees policy which they requested. They have come back to me asking for details on how the funded Early Education entitlement will be offered. As far as can see they will want a statement along the lines of 'I can offer the full 15 hours per week as a funded place. Any hours above this are subject to negotiation between myself and the parent'. Has anyone had to do this, how did you write it?
Thanks

The only request LAs can make is that your 'free hours' are delivered free with no added expenses. Parents can take it according to DfE guidelines= 3hrs x5 mornings ...or 5hrsx3 mornings ...not before 7am or after 7pm..no session longer than 10 hours and not shorted than 2.5 hrs
Your invoice should show that those hours are free ...the rest is up to you

This is the guidance so make sure your LA is quoting from it...look under flexibility

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/351592/early_education_and_childcare_statutory_guidance_2 014.pdf