PDA

View Full Version : application for free funding

julie w
08-02-2015, 01:07 PM
I have two 3 year olds that will be eligible for the free 15 hours on 1st April. However I cant seem to find an application form for the parents anywhere, only for the 2 year old funding. I can give free hours but its been so long since I've done it, I cant think where to look .How do we apply? Thank you. Im having a dim moment

FloraDora
08-02-2015, 01:12 PM
In our LEA they provide a form - but you don't send it to them - parents fill it in - you keep it in your file. You then send another form in to LEA declaring info.

bunyip
08-02-2015, 01:52 PM
In our LEA they provide a form - but you don't send it to them - parents fill it in - you keep it in your file. You then send another form in to LEA declaring info.

Our LA is the same. We keep the form filled in by the parents in case we are audited. Needs a new form if they make any sort of changes, such as attendance hours, etc.

Well worth getting hold of the LA's Ts&Cs and making sure parents abide by the rules. I include a number of points in my contracts and policies to try and cover myself. The sad thing is that, if a parent is overclaiming or breaking the rules in some other way, the first thing a CM knows is when the LA stops the payments and demands money back. The LA will pursue the CM and not the parents. :(

I live on the border of 2 counties and near 2 big cities = 4 LAs. There have been cases of parents over-claiming by using more than 15 hours across multiple settings. The LAs take some time before they catch up with 'cross-border' claims and I understand a few nurseries and preschools were forced to reimburse the LAs and were left out of pocket. :(

2yo funding is different: the parent has to apply to the LA and bring the 'letter of entitlement' to show to the CM.