PDA

View Full Version : Shift workers

gemma659353
06-02-2015, 05:04 PM
How does it work if you take on a parent who is a shift worker and doesn't have the same hours or days each week?

Karen1
06-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Charge them for a minimum number of hours each week. As they will be taking up a space each day and you might not be able to fill it.

I have shift workers who have changing days on Mon to thurs, but some weeks only use 2 days other weeks the 4 days it varies, but as only got hours month in advance hard to sort and can't take on another child . So for me I charge min of two days per week even if they don't have two days. If that makes sense. This works for me and other children I have but you might need to tween it to suit you.

Hth
Hth

gemma659353
06-02-2015, 06:50 PM
How does continuity of care fit in? What if the parent needed care at a later date on a day or time I already have three early years?

funemnx
06-02-2015, 07:30 PM
I have shift workers and just charge the hours they come. Luckily the parent knows her days in advance and I don't mind some easier days. With continuity of care, those days are few and I have put in place a variation to cover the occasional 4 EY children as long as I don't have more than 6 children in total at any time unless my assistant is with me (usually just for school runs. I have been inspected with this in place and no problems there as all parents have agreed and signed the variation :thumbsup: