PDA

View Full Version : meals

devoncm
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
How many offer meals?
I have done before but now my kitchen is not reg i dont really want to as my lounge is a now eating area for everyone, but not sure how to get around this

should i change my hours to finish hour or so earlier?

SimplyLucy
01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't offer meals at all. I only cover snacks.

My mindees bring a packed lunch which I store in my fridge and I plate up for them.

If they are staying over tea time the parents provide something, sometimes I have to heat up left overs from the night before, sometimes its a can of beans/sausage, ravioli etc.

No parent has ever complained. I still write in their daily diaries what they had as parents can be very forgetful sometimes. Means the parent can look back and see if they have already had something that week! Saves the poor child from having the same tea every night!

LOOPYLISA
01-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't offer meals at all. I only cover snacks.

My mindees bring a packed lunch which I store in my fridge and I plate up for them.

If they are staying over tea time the parents provide something, sometimes I have to heat up left overs from the night before, sometimes its a can of beans/sausage, ravioli etc.

No parent has ever complained. I still write in their daily diaries what they had as parents can be very forgetful sometimes. Means the parent can look back and see if they have already had something that week! Saves the poor child from having the same tea every night!

This is wat im thinking of doing have you ever had any probs, like not getting a certain contract because you don.t offer meals?

LOOPYLISA
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
This is wat im thinking of doing have you ever had any probs, like not getting a certain contract because you don.t offer meals?

Sorry just read youve never had any parent complain!:blush:

Chimps Childminding
01-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I don't supply meals either, I just do as above. I am quite happy to cook something provided by the parent and store lunch boxes in the fridge. Never had a problem with anyone not using me because of this, in fact it has never been questioned!!

buildingblocks
01-08-2008, 01:09 PM
I provide my meals as I find it makes my life easier they all have the same thing so no one saying I want what hes got lol.

A snack Lunch and snacks are covered by fees but breakfast and tea are extra and have to be paid for (the idea being they won't want them if they have to pay for them). Tea is a cooked meal and only available if a child is booked in until 6pm or later and served at 5.30pm

On the other hand I have a friend who povides nothing at all the parents send it all even their snacks and she got an outstanding.

fionamal
01-08-2008, 01:32 PM
I do snacks and lunch and try where possible not to do dinners as we like to sit down as a family and eat.

LOOPYLISA
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I do snacks and lunch and try where possible not to do dinners as we like to sit down as a family and eat.

Yes exactly wat im thinking dinner is family time for us x:thumbsup:

Hannahlg
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
we proide meals allways have done allways will - if you ask me its part of looking after children.

bu there can only have ta if staying after after 5pm

and me my mum and dad still east as a family we have our tea when there have all gone, before i started high school i use to have my tea with the children.

devoncm
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Ok thanks for all your replies, i think for now i wont supply food, they can bring it, my hallway is big enough to have a childs table and kids sat round, so they can do that if they bring anything

cloud9
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM

Me too on occasions i have had an exception if the parents are going to be late but im not contracted to anyone to work past half 4 and dont start till 9 to avoid brekkie too

cloud9
01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok thanks for all your replies, i think for now i wont supply food, they can bring it, my hallway is big enough to have a childs table and kids sat round, so they can do that if they bring anything

Your hallway must be huge!!

childminder54
01-08-2008, 02:38 PM
i dont supply food either and parents even send drinks, snacks i find it much better because you can have children liking different food and parents know what their child is eating its a lot easier it works well i just supply drinks when they need more..

veronicaxx

devoncm
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Your hallway must be huge!!

Not really, ive got a big square space by the front door to the stairs and some room under the stairs

I only have small cupboard under there the rest is open so no i wont be shutting them in cupboards to eat!!!:D :laughing:

mum22
01-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I provide all meals b/l/d and snacks but as cooking for my own lo's it no extras hassle - we just make weekends family time - dh hardly ever home till children in bed anyway..

Spangles
01-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I was originally prepared to provide lunches but I've changed this now and will only provide snacks and drinks for no charge.

I think that the cost of food is rising so much that it's not worth my while to do lunches and I never wanted to do dinner in the evening as that's family time for us.

LOOPYLISA
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Me too on occasions i have had an exception if the parents are going to be late but im not contracted to anyone to work past half 4 and dont start till 9 to avoid brekkie too

How does it work for you starting at 9 and finishing at 4.30? My hours will prob be 8-6:eek: sorry hope you don.t mind me asking x:blush:

miffy
01-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I provide a cooked lunch and tea plus snacks for the full-timers at no extra cost. After-schoolers can also have tea if they want but I charge extra for this.

I try and avoid doing breakfast as I'm always busy answering the door and seeing to the children so don't really have time.

The rising cost of food is making me reconsider whether to charge extra for all meals though

Miffy xx