PDA

View Full Version : Help with enquiry please

zanacal
05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Hi all, please bear with me, everybody seems to be either leaving or changing their hours at the moment!

I have had an enquiry from a parent (friend of an existing mindee who has recommended me) looking for care in September. I told her it was difficult for me to know what spaces I would have in September but to come and see me and if she would like to send her child here we can look at it more seriously.

She would want me for 3 days - and on 2 of these days I have children who will be leaving for school and pre school in September, discussed only in conversation with parents. I have in my fees policy that I will take a £50 deposit for somebody who wants to take a future place. If I did this, at what point could I actually sign contracts for the new child, would it have to be last minute once I'd received notice from the current children? If I could offer her a third day I would do so without a retainer so long as nobody else wanted that place - but I'm not sure how I'd tie this in with the other days.

I'm happy to sign families up 2-4 months in advance if I think we're right for each other, depending on my situation at the time, and I know she'll want to make arrangements in plenty of time for going back to work - not 2 weeks beforehand when existing families give notice!

shortstuff
06-02-2015, 12:40 PM
I think I would be tempted to speak to the existing families and ask them to let you know their plans. That way you are doing everything in your power to make sure you have the spaces available 1st :thumbsup:

watford wizz
06-02-2015, 12:56 PM
I would be sending "I am writing to confirm our recent conversation re sept, that your requirements are......." I find some parents just never think ahead and unfortunately would not think of our business as we need to. I would be telling them I have been offered other work and need to confirm their plans.

zanacal
08-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Thanks all - in the meantime a friend and childminder has decided to quit and has given notice to her clients and I now have enquiries coming out of my ears ;)