PDA

View Full Version : Charging for holidays (yours and theirs)

mumofone
05-02-2015, 09:59 AM
M really sorry I think this may have been discussed recently but I can't find the thread. I am unsure what the standard is on with charging for your mindees holidays? Do you charge normal fees whether they attend your setting or are on holiday?
What about your own holidays, I presume it's not right to charge for these?

Simona
05-02-2015, 10:50 AM
M really sorry I think this may have been discussed recently but I can't find the thread. I am unsure what the standard is on with charging for your mindees holidays? Do you charge normal fees whether they attend your setting or are on holiday?
What about your own holidays, I presume it's not right to charge for these?

A very good question and one that will receive several different points of view
Totally up to you....charge full or half or not at all...what is best for your business is what matters.
Research what other cms do in your area and then reflect how you want to sell your services

One thing I always bear in mind is that our business expenses do not stop when we are on holiday or the parents are...registration fee, PLI and more are for 52 weeks of the year...so bear that in mind

Good luck in your decision :thumbsup:

Sammy Jo T
05-02-2015, 11:53 AM
I read loads on this subject and everyone does seem to do it different. I've decided I won't charge for my holiday and will give parents 4 weeks holiday free of charge a year. They have to be taken in block weeks though for them, so if they have say 2 days off one week they'll only get 3 weeks left for free and after that it's full fee.

Katy M
05-02-2015, 01:06 PM
I don't charge for my holiday and charge half rate for theirs if they honour the notice period of 2 weeks.

Do what you feel is reasonable.

x

moggy
05-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Parents pay if they come or not.
They pay me 50% during my 4-5 weeks a year holiday.
Closed bank hols and no charge for bank hols.

There is no 'standard' on this, many many variations. Do what you think is best and keep it easy to communicate- so many CM/parents get in a mess over this, make sure everyone is clear from the outset. If you do a discount for parents holidays make sure you put a limit so you are not out of pocket over the year if they decide to take loads of hols- and think about what notice you want for their hols because if you are giving a discount for their hols you need to know in advance for your invoicing... and then what if they change their minds etc etc Make it all really clear and think through all eventualities.

I find it easiest to just have them pay 100% during their hols, they can then take as many as they want, as and when they want and I still invoice just the same as usual.

mumofone
05-02-2015, 01:55 PM
A very good question and one that will receive several different points of view Totally up to you....charge full or half or not at all...what is best for your business is what matters. Research what other cms do in your area and then reflect how you want to sell your services One thing I always bear in mind is that our business expenses do not stop when we are on holiday or the parents are...registration fee, PLI and more are for 52 weeks of the year...so bear that in mind Good luck in your decision :thumbsup:

Thanks Simona :-) that is definitely good for thought :-)

FloraDora
05-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Term time only so no charge for my holidays which I take in school holidays. All parents teachers so they can only holiday in schools hols - so suits me. If they do take time off ( visits from grandparents, illness etc then it is full pay as I am available.

alex__17
05-02-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't charge for mine, and do charge for theirs, seemed easiest way and all balances out in the end for me

mumofone
05-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks Simona :-) that is definitely good for thought :-)

Oops Food for thought I meant!