PDA

View Full Version : Fire drill

Katy M
05-02-2015, 09:49 AM
How often do you have a fire drill and how do you document it?

Thanks x

bunyip
05-02-2015, 10:37 AM
I do mine about once a term with each child.

I do a dated entry in my safety case folde rand a certificate for the child, and sometimes there's some sort of resource, colouring, wordsearch sheet, or similar associated with the learning. (Search: Welliphant).

Remember to include yourself and any assistant in the fire drill record. :thumbsup:

Hoopster
05-02-2015, 09:47 PM
I think once a term is good. Also good to have a fire log book where it can be written up, which children and adults were present also which exit you left from as it's good to try various exits during your practices if you have more than one way out.

Hope that helps

FloraDora
07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Other threads have covered it I think, just to add that I say how long it took and a one sentence evaluation e.g all went smoothly but * Was a little bothered about alarm sound - will help for future by doing some 'loud sounds' activities.
H&E officer required self reviews when I was in school so just continue now.... Time ...negative or positive statement...steps to ensure success in future following self review. At schools we had to evacuate within 3 minutes( well That was our target discussed with H&S Officer based on our buildings, but obviously if you could do it safely, quicker then that was brilliant.)