PDA

View Full Version : Twins

emz31
04-02-2015, 07:49 PM
In terms of taking on twins at under 12 months were would you stand,as you can only have 1 under 12 months??

Mouse
04-02-2015, 08:05 PM
As far as I know you can make an exception to have twins under the age of 12 months as long as you have 2 spaces available for them.

KatieFS
06-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Yes you can treat this as exception
I've twins from 6m which worked well

Advice wise make sure you have fill handover of sleeping and feeding routine as these were the things I struggled with at first!

They are now 2 and other than the odd tantrum they were great fun and we have such a strong bond. Watching them develop is fascinating - similar yet totally different personalities!

Good luck x

emz31
09-02-2015, 02:56 PM
The question I have is,do you charge double for twins??xx

moggy
09-02-2015, 03:01 PM

?? I charge per child, whether they are related to each other or not!

Some people do a sibling discount, but I never do... 2x spaces = 2x fees

KatieFS
09-02-2015, 05:37 PM
I offer sibling discount, but will be withdrawing that in September! Just as utilities getting too expensive

Daisy1956
09-02-2015, 10:50 PM
I have offered a siblings discount but will not do it again. Parents seem to want more and more but don't want to pay anymore for it.

Simona
10-02-2015, 08:48 AM

This is an individual decision for cms to reflect on....totally up to you if your business can sustain a discount for 2 children who will equally use your resources, time, require the same paperwork and administration, eat the same food ...just give it a little thought.

When it comes to claiming funding for them you will receive 'full funding' for each one of them...their parents will claim full tax credits etc for both of them and receive the same amount for the 'tax free childcare' when it kicks in

Discount for siblings was very much suggested but I think it is in the past...we are not working for pin money anymore !