PDA

View Full Version : Children's Individual Planning question

KateA
03-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Hi,

I have quick question on planning as having mental block, often do you review each child individual plans, every 6 months? yearly? As and when? Do you then write up if they have achieved something and then write new plan. I have been using the plans from childminding cafe and not sure if I should just add new sheet in or draw up whole new plan.

mama2three
03-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Ongoing. The next steps from each ob are the main part of my individual planning . Each time there is a next step I add it to a list , its a working document with higher up next steps often crossed off with a date ..sometimes there are a few in a single day , othertimes a few weeks between them ( kids progress in fits and starts) I try and put it all together in a brief summary when I do a summative assessment , every half term or so.

alex__17
03-02-2015, 01:33 PM
I do a summary every term and have next steps for each area there, but plan week by week for each child building on what they've done previously where I've done obs.
Used to put it all to paper but inspector said termly was fine plus ongoing as we went along and I have 6 part time early years children so find it enough to keep 6 ljs up to date let alone writing out individual planning for them all too