PDA

View Full Version : Forms Folders & Reports

katiesdaycare
02-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Hello, just a few questions I need confirmation on, I am confusing myself with what I actually need and I don't want to create more paperwork than needed..
So, do you all have the following:
Accident report book (is this a carbon copy so parent gets one you keep one)
Attendance register
Policies & Procedures Folder
Risk Assessment Folder

I also have a parent handbook, which they take away with a copy of policies etc in..

I also have a personal file for each child, which will include all signed permission slips, contract, childs personal details etc inside.

then the learning journey for each child, with a daily diary they take home and a daily diary I keep?

Is this everything I need paperwork wise or am I missing something crucial?

thanks, I know you lovely people will have all the answers..

moggy
02-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Accident report book- yes, but I call it 'Accident, Incident and Physical Intervention' to cover all eventualities as we need to record all these things.
Attendance register- yes must be kept accurately
Policies & Procedures Folder- yes
Risk Assessment Folder- yes

Parent Handbook- I do not have one, they view policies on paper here and I send them all digitally to them to read at home.
Child's personal file - yes, just a plastic sleeve per child inside my Pacey/NCMA box
Learning journal- yes

I also have my training certificates, insurance certificates in a folder.

Medication record- where any medication which is given is recorded and signed by parent- Important one!

alex__17
02-02-2015, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE="katiesdaycare;1390248"]Hello, just a few questions I need confirmation on, I am confusing myself with what I actually need and I don't want to create more paperwork than needed..
So, do you all have the following:
Accident report book (is this a carbon copy so parent gets one you keep one)

I used to have a book now use MM sheets that are self replicating and nice and clear

Attendance register - I use one per child time they arrive and leave in a file, just an excel table

Policies & Procedures Folder - in my parent folder with certificates and risk assessments for new parents to look through
Risk Assessment Folder

I also have a parent handbook, which they take away with a copy of policies etc in.. - I email policies to those that sign up

I also have a personal file for each child, which will include all signed permission slips, contract, childs personal details etc inside. - I have one big file with dividers for each child as I have 10 part time kids on my books and no space for separate files!

then the learning journey for each child, with a daily diary they take home and a daily diary I keep? Yes just for 0-5 years

Is this everything I need paperwork wise or am I missing something crucial?

thanks, I know you lovely people will have all the answers..[/QUOTE

alex__17
02-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Ive added what I do into quoted text

katiesdaycare
03-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Hi moggy, that's a great idea I will change mine to say all to get it all covered. Is yours duplicated paper, book etc or just an excel sheet? Dies it "have" to be carbon duplicated?
Sorry I must sound silly but want to make sure I get it covered from the start.

moggy
03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Hi moggy, that's a great idea I will change mine to say all to get it all covered. Is yours duplicated paper, book etc or just an excel sheet? Dies it "have" to be carbon duplicated?
Sorry I must sound silly but want to make sure I get it covered from the start.

I used to use carbon copy Pacey books but now I make my own A5 (2 on an A4 and cut), I fill in, parent signs and I photograph the sheet and email to parent for their copy. It is not a requirement to give copy to parent but it is good to do I think.