PDA

View Full Version : Minimum hours

gemma659353
02-02-2015, 08:03 AM
I have a parent enquiring for two hours (945-1145). This would be my only child.

Does anyone charge a minimum daily charge?

Just seems a little work/income for the amount of work which will need to be done unless I can get a child to fit around the afternoon but how likely is that?!

ziggy
02-02-2015, 08:13 AM
I would charge for half a day at least. I used to offer hourly or daily rate, now I just charge daily rate no matter how few hours it is.

KateA
02-02-2015, 04:57 PM
hi I would charge for the min 6 hours. To be honest would not take on as to much paper work for two hours also would mean once you are busier would not be able to go far as you are either waiting for drop off or collection x

alex__17
02-02-2015, 06:23 PM
I do 4 hours min unless it's before/after schoolers where it's a set fee for the session

Mummits
02-02-2015, 06:26 PM
I now charge for a minimum of 6 hours for pre-schoolers blocking a day place, and I would also take into account whether it would mess up my day's routines. I have just turned down someone wanting 10-3 as it would mean we would be stuck in every morning, but maybe would consider say 1-6 as my little ones sleep 1-2:30 anyway and I have a school run at 3. You do have to be careful not to get stuck with a constraint on your day which might become difficult to live with, whether looking at potential new customers or considering changing hours for existing families.