PDA

View Full Version : Minimal resources

JoRo163
29-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Having attempted giving up CMing I started a new job this week. I've lasted 4 days lol and now thinking it's not for me...

Soooo... I think I'll be CMing again, but I'd like to reduce my number of kids permanently & massively reduce my resources. I had so much stuff it was taking over my little house & I can't live in what feels like a nursery store room any longer! I've managed to sell some stuff, and would like to sell some more.

So, you knowledgable lot, help me out & tell me what you consider you're bare essentials...

TIA

alex__17
29-01-2015, 11:10 PM
I also want to get rid of a lot, as it mounts up and takes over, just haven't had the time and evreytime I pack a load up to take to charity my 2 year old finds the box and unloads it all again like the stuff is all new!

Favourites here are the ikea kitchen, although we have far too much food etc for it, wooden train tracks, dressing up stuff, and happyland is quite popular although we have too much so it needs thinning down., oh and Lego. I have it all in boxes and the plan was to rotate it, but the store cupboard is too full of craft stuff all in a mess...
One day I'll get time to tidy and declutter!

JoRo163
30-01-2015, 06:04 AM
I also want to get rid of a lot, as it mounts up and takes over, just haven't had the time and evreytime I pack a load up to take to charity my 2 year old finds the box and unloads it all again like the stuff is all new! Favourites here are the ikea kitchen, although we have far too much food etc for it, wooden train tracks, dressing up stuff, and happyland is quite popular although we have too much so it needs thinning down., oh and Lego. I have it all in boxes and the plan was to rotate it, but the store cupboard is too full of craft stuff all in a mess... One day I'll get time to tidy and declutter!

That's the problem I had. At one point my shed was so full of boxes of EVERY different type of toy known to man, I couldn't even get in there! And it was so unworkable we weren't even using any of it! Such a waste!

hectors house
30-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Maybe you could plan on spending more time out of the house - at toddler groups, library story time sessions, soft play, on walks and then children could be sleeping in afternoons or if older having quiet time activities like reading, colouring, painting or doing puzzles and board games then you wouldn't need so many actual toys. Also do you have a toy library, we have one where we can go and play at a "stay and play" session then borrow toys to take home - that way you can rotate the toys and take them back when children are bored with them. (we can borrow ours for 2 weeks). I could probably give away half of our books as I just have too many and we borrow lots from the library.

Sorry your new job isn't working out well - you just know though don't you? I had a job in a comprehensive school as a TA many years ago and within 4 days knew I had made a big mistake, I had confirmation of this when driving to school one day and "Baby, give it up, give it up" was on the radio! :D I lasted 4 months and went back to my previous job, then ended up giving that up to go full circle back to where I started: Childminding. :thumbsup:

JoRo163
30-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Maybe you could plan on spending more time out of the house - at toddler groups, library story time sessions, soft play, on walks and then children could be sleeping in afternoons or if older having quiet time activities like reading, colouring, painting or doing puzzles and board games then you wouldn't need so many actual toys. Also do you have a toy library, we have one where we can go and play at a "stay and play" session then borrow toys to take home - that way you can rotate the toys and take them back when children are bored with them. (we can borrow ours for 2 weeks). I could probably give away half of our books as I just have too many and we borrow lots from the library. Sorry your new job isn't working out well - you just know though don't you? I had a job in a comprehensive school as a TA many years ago and within 4 days knew I had made a big mistake, I had confirmation of this when driving to school one day and "Baby, give it up, give it up" was on the radio! :D I lasted 4 months and went back to my previous job, then ended up giving that up to go full circle back to where I started: Childminding. :thumbsup:

This is my plan! Lots of groups & outdoor play/walks & trips to the farm, home for lunch & sleep. I'm going to be ruthless & only keep what I absolutely need. Yes, we have a toy library which I'm going to make full use of, to keep it fresh & interesting.

Luckily for me, I've managed to keep 3 of my original children who hadn't yet found anyone. They're mums are really pleased, phew!!