PDA

View Full Version : I hate technology!

TinyTinker
29-01-2015, 05:21 PM
I have a website with the contact me facility which is meant to send messages from people interested in my setting to my email account! Well just after Christmas I found out from someone calling me to say did I get their message! I then did a test message and it didn't come through! grrr. So my web designer sorted the issue and found that the server was filtering the messages out as spam and not sending them to my account at all......but he was able to retrieve the messages 3 days after they were sent, so I replied to them anyway albeit late. Then we discovered the email account wasn't still working properly and those emails may not have gotten through either.

I have just contacted one of them again, asking if they ever saw my messages and if they were still sorting childcare etc. Turns out they never did get my messages and went elsewhere :(

I lost 5 mindees at Christmas so was absolutely gutted when I missed these enquiries as business is very slow in my area right now :(

Only one message a month appears on childcare.co.uk in my area and then they may not be for the schools I drop to......feel so disheartened and out of control of my own business. I am so limited as to where I can advertise, and my school works with the local huge nursery with them running after school clubs in both of their halls, so you never get before/after school enquiries either and they won't let cm advertise through them (flyers in book bags etc).....

sing-low
29-01-2015, 05:36 PM
How annoying! Technology is great when it works but then when it doesn't it's unbelievably annoying.

Bit like the little girl with the curl: when she was good, she was very very good, but when she was bad, she was horrid!