PDA

View Full Version : buggies that fit a touran?

loocyloo
28-01-2015, 08:35 AM
HELP!

Dh has 'swapped' my Toyota for a vw touran!:rolleyes:

its lovely, but he assured me that my buggies would fit in the boot .... hmmmmmm ... they DO ... IF I don't have the back seats up. when I have all seats up I can't get them in! DH just said ''buy new buggies ... you've had those years'' I have ... but that's the point really ... they are good little buggies that do the job !!! chicco single stroller and a maclaren double stroller! ( and I don't see the need to buy more but heyho, guess I might have to! )

so ....

does anyone have a touran, and have you found a stroller/double that fits in the boot with all seats up? ( its a '61 plate if that helps? not sure on when models changed etc! )

thanks xx

shortstuff
28-01-2015, 10:13 AM
sorry loocyloo, i have a grand voyager n have found all of my buggies go in.

I will keep my fingers crossed for an answer soon x

edited to say, enjoy the new car x

pinklady756
04-02-2015, 08:12 PM
I have VW touran 11 plate.

Can just about squeeze the Obaby Apollo twin stroller in. No way anything bigger would fit!!

loocyloo
04-02-2015, 08:43 PM
I have VW touran 11 plate.

Can just about squeeze the Obaby Apollo twin stroller in. No way anything bigger would fit!!

LOL!

thank you .... that's the twin buggy on my list to buy! ( although kiddicare do a twin 'lottie' that is a touch smaller, but a little more expensive! ) going to have to wait though till next month !

that's what I don't understand ... why someone can make a double that folds up with a small 'length' dimension, but no one can make a single! ( and why don't obaby make a single that short? )

I've just bought a mamas and papas TOUR stroller ( single ) ... they said ( and I emailed customer services to confirm! ) that the folded length was 103cm ... well, in actual fact, its about 104.5cm !!!! it JUST about goes in with a squash and a squeeze !!! I'm hoping that with a bit of use the wheels will flatten a bit!

I found several other buggies that stated they were 103cm folded ... but manufacturers said were 106cm or more !!!! GRRRRR!
I did find other buggies that folded smaller in length - petit star zia etc, but then they are bigger in other dimensions and I just wanted a simple umbrella folded stroller !

and don't get me started on all the manufacturers who don't list folded dimensions !!! as my DD said "you are going demented over dimensions" !!! :laughing: