PDA

View Full Version : DBS Checks, EY2 form and 16yr old living in Childminding premises.

Sue1980
25-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Our Daughter now requires an Ehanced DBS check.

According to the letter from Osted, they want her to sign onto the online portal and submit an EY2. But prior to this require the DBS check. Now we have got the ball rolling regarding the DBS check itself and need to get the ID documents verified. Can another Childminder who has known us for 7 or 8 years do this? Or will not be suitable?

Also do we go ahead and get the EY2 submitted or is that done last?

Thanks

Susan :)

Edit: Forgot to add! our daughter will not be working with us.

LilMisConfused
25-01-2015, 04:33 PM
There is a list showing who can verify id checks. It's usually people who are registered with a nationally organised and verified body (so like doctors, accountants people like that). They can be someone you know who just happens to have that job, not necessarily your actual doctor etc. not sure if childminders are on there but it's worth having a look as they only accept people from the list.

k1rstie
25-01-2015, 04:56 PM
There are about 50 professions on the list. Maybe one of your parents has a job on the list, or the old fail safe, your local headmaster.

I had mine done by police officer parent

Sue1980
26-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Typical! A few years back I had a Police officer, two Primary School teachers, a Doctor and an Accountant on our books but have since moved on :(

Looking at the list of Acceptable Professions for Responsible Persons:

"30 - Nominated Person/Responsible Individual for an Ofsted registered setting (currently registered)"

If this one applies to my friend who has been a Childminder for 20+ years and has known us since we first registered back in 2007/2008, then it should be ok for the ID check/verify part. I hope?

mama2three
27-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Yes I have signed for friends children , covered under point 30.

Sue1980
28-01-2015, 05:08 PM
:)

ICF (Identity Checking Form) completed today.

I am confused by one thing! I can send the form as a scan to an email address stated by Capita. Do I just send the scanned form? It does state "Do not send original identity documents"

I shall check the process guide again but I am wondering, do I scan her id documents or not?

Its all different to when we did our CRB checks years ago.

coffee-time
26-01-2016, 09:38 AM
hi I know this is an old thread but I have the same question! were they ok with another childminder doing the check? I just phoned them and they said no a childminder cant sign it! which is annoying as it would make it so much easier!!
thinking I might just get my childminder friend to do it (who i've known for years and she knows my daughter who has just turned 16)
thanks!

Jayse74
22-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Sorry I kind of hardly view the forum as much these days, been very busy of late and I did not notice your post :(

I hope you got this sorted out. We were allowed to use a Childminder colleague last time and everything was ok afaik? it all passed so...

This time around for our son we may ask an Salvation Army Officer to verify ID etc.