PDA

View Full Version : Parent has updated status on FB 'Sick everywhere!'

Ripeberry
25-01-2015, 12:44 PM
And I'm supposed to have her child tomorrow...

I am withing my rights to turn him away, aren't I? It also transpires that the local kids from the school down the road have all had this 'bug'. It's going to be a long week :censored:

mrsb79
25-01-2015, 12:52 PM
If she states the child has been sick then yes if it's unclear who's been sick then it's a grey area. I've just had 2 wks of snotty poorly children and you guessed it here I am on my birthday feeling sorry for myself being waited on with lemsip and soup hoping this week will be better x

Simona
25-01-2015, 04:15 PM
And I'm supposed to have her child tomorrow...

I am withing my rights to turn him away, aren't I? It also transpires that the local kids from the school down the road have all had this 'bug'. It's going to be a long week :censored:

It depends on what kind of 'sick'?....snotty, cough and sneezing? ...keep your distance !...but if it is the kind that projects from the mouth...then I would stay clear altogether!
Not on FB so this is possibly a silly question?..do parents put that type of update on FB and not know you can read it? :mad: and unbelievable !

natlou82
25-01-2015, 04:33 PM
People are always updating how ill they feel! I don't really see the need, but it's really helpful making sure parents stick to our sickness policy ;-)

Ripeberry
25-01-2015, 08:14 PM
She also said that she was running out of bedsheets. So I would have thought that it was proper sick. All the other parents at school know about it, so I expect she'll keep that particular child off. It's just annoying knowing that the other two could be full of it as well, but that's the nature of the job. I hate the sickness bug, it lays me low for days :(

natlou82
25-01-2015, 08:43 PM
I hope you have avoided it on this occasion.

KatieFS
26-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Uninterested to know how you will go about it? Does she know you can see her fb?
Surely she won't expect the child to come to you if they have been really sick

KatieFS
26-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Sorry should be I'm interested...!

JCrakers
26-01-2015, 01:53 PM
I would reply to facebook comment and say something like

Oh no...poor thing...nice snuggly day at home tomorrow and Wednesday then :)

Ripeberry
26-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Thanks all for your replies. She didn't send him to school and got Dad to stay home. It's so quiet! Amazing how different the oldest and youngest brothers are without 'middle' brother. She did ask if I had seen the FB update :rolleyes:

bunyip
26-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Facebook: where vain people take their common sense and shoot it through the head several times until they hit a vital organ. :doh: