PDA

View Full Version : What's the youngest baby you will take on?

KateA
23-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Hi I am just wondering if anyone has cared for an 6-12week old baby? how did you find it? I have had an enquiry from someone who sadly has to go back to work with in weeks of having a baby.

moggy
23-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Hi I am just wondering if anyone has cared for an 6-12week old baby? how did you find it? I have had an enquiry from someone who sadly has to go back to work with in weeks of having a baby.

How many hours/days?
What an awful situation for that family.

Evie125
23-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Hi, the youngest baby I have cared for was 5 weeks old , I later cared for a second baby for the same family from a similar age. It must have been harder for the parents the first time round as they obviously didn't know me as well . I worked very closely with mum who wanted to continue feeding herself. I asked that they used a bottle at home some of the time so it wasn't a problem when I had to use one and I had a supply of milk in the freezer. Both babies settled really well and are still with me now

loocyloo
23-01-2015, 01:16 PM
as a childminder, the youngest has been 4 months.

as a nanny .... 3 days! and a nanny friend had a boss who was in meetings all day on the Monday, had babe early hours Tuesday morning, came home lunchtime, and was back at her desk that afternoon !!!! I had a panicked phone call saying 'help, what do you do?' ... lovely girl-but no training, and only childcare experience was 3yr olds and older !!!! the children I was nannying for and I went to 'play' and help out! Mum didn't take anytime off and it was dad who did the caring at the weekend!

chris goodyear
23-01-2015, 01:29 PM
I have cared for a 10 week old,3 month old and would be prepared to do 6 weeks but no younger! I loved it and although in once sense it's easier as they sleep a lot at that age it can be more tiring if they won't sleep!

shortstuff
23-01-2015, 01:42 PM
I think i would take a child on a case by case basis and not rule out any? Maybe im mad but that seems to work for me.

lisbet
23-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I think i would take a child on a case by case basis and not rule out any? Maybe im mad but that seems to work for me.

Yes, this ^ for me too.

alex__17
23-01-2015, 02:29 PM
I looked after 4 week old one day a week for a friend who had to carry on with college course. ..loved it but he was an easy baby took bottle fine slept fine and could settle himself.
If he had been like my own son things wouldnt of been so easy, I'd decide on it when you've mrt the little one and how often etc it would be for. Could be lovely though

tess1981
23-01-2015, 02:53 PM
As far as I'm concerned parents can drop t child off on way home from hospital... I love new borns... Their wee faces and smell and moans and noises :)

Chatterbox Childcare
23-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I had a 6 week old school hours 3 days a week and she was brilliant but mum missed out on so much - very sad if they have to do this ):

TinyTinker
23-01-2015, 03:17 PM
newborn! I gave birth to my daughter on a friday and was back minding the following Wednesday so know I can do it ;)

lizduncan72
23-01-2015, 03:50 PM
As far as I'm concerned parents can drop t child off on way home from hospital... I love new borns... Their wee faces and smell and moans and noises :)
Me too :) the younger the better here!!

KateA
23-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Thank you all for help will give lady call back and arrange meet up.