PDA

View Full Version : Storage heaters

mumofone
22-01-2015, 09:26 PM
I have one of these on the wall of one of the rooms I intend to use and it obviously is warm/hot to the touch. Is this going to be an issue for my pre reg? Has anyone else God the same and what have you done to make safe?

moggy
22-01-2015, 09:47 PM
RA it: can a child burn themselves on it? can you control the temperature to make sure it is not going to be burning hot? It is up to you, you know how hot it gets and how well you can control it. If you feel it is a risk you could look at a guard, or just teach children not to touch, put a piece of furniture in front of it to avoid them touching, or a better thermo-control on it if possible.

Angela234
23-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi i had storage heaters have reaently changes to gas CH
I brought a radiator heater cover from argos my hubby did put a 2 / 1inch frame onto it to make it deeper my heater did get very hot or you coukd block kff with furnjture

alex__17
23-01-2015, 02:56 PM
My radiators get v hot but kids know not to go near, I'm always with babies and warn them, they learn quickly, wasnt even mentioned at pre reg and grading

MaffAnna
24-01-2015, 07:44 PM
My cm friend has one but has arranged and easel and toy box in front of it, so the heat can get out, but the children can't touch it.