PDA

View Full Version : Advice please head is melted

smurfette
21-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Any advice please? I have a little one dropping a day and another mum wants a day for her baby, I already have older sis However come sept older sis will be moving on to preschool and baby will take her space .. Mum Will also only want part days in meantime as baby still breastfeeding I have another mum who isn't with me at present who wants the space, eventually needing three days which I will be able to do by sept. This will be permanent and the three days so I don't want to turn it down in favour of above baby.. How do I explain to first mum I am taking her instead ?! Makes more business sense

lisbet
21-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Hmm, tricky...Does the mum of the child and baby know that you have a space coming up? Have you discussed the possibility of her having the space for her baby already? Does she know other parents are interested? Is the new mum who wants a space reliably going to want 3 days from September?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that how I would handle it would depend on these ^ details.

:group hug: for the headache though!

smurfette
21-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Hmm, tricky...Does the mum of the child and baby know that you have a space coming up? Have you discussed the possibility of her having the space for her baby already? Does she know other parents are interested? Is the new mum who wants a space reliably going to want 3 days from September? Sorry for all the questions, it's just that how I would handle it would depend on these ^ details. :group hug: for the headache though!

Hi thanks for reply!

Mum of child and baby said to me about two weeks ago she wanted space for the baby,, I said at the time I didn't have any (only knew about other mum dropping a day this week) .. I was annoyed cos she is very disorganised.. this is her second and third children.. When I had her first she was the same. Needed the space at mine for the middle one and didn't get herself in gear to book older one into her free preschool year so nearly was left with no care! I told her I had space in oct even for a half day (had the middle one from one month so no different!) to start easing him in and she was all.. Nah it's grand! I told her I didn't think I would have any space Til June and she said that she would only want a few hours here and there Til then.. Wouldn't even be every week so not worth my while holding a full day space! She doesn't know this day has
Come up yet . There is a possibility I could move one of my other little ones and new mum would take her Monday space which wouldn't be any good to mum with child and baby so would be ok.. But new mum would have to rearrange at work so not sure it's worth it!

New mum has talked to me on and off since August , and I haven't mentioned her to other parents cos I didn't think I could accommodate her. She is very keen and will leave her current minder who she isn't happy with .. Her parents will accommodate whatever hours I can't do and then she will move over to me bit by bit. So I am fairly sure.. I reckon if parents were wiling to do it full time then they would have done and she wouldnt have a minder now so fairly sure!

mama2three
21-01-2015, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't say a word about it. If she asks I would be telling a little fib regarding when you knew mindee was dropping a day and new mum wanted a space. I would let her think this all happened before she asked for a space for baby - at that point you had been told there was no point keeping a space for baby , so you didn't. You filled the space with a new child.

KateA
21-01-2015, 05:10 PM
hi I think I would go with the lady who has been waiting since august as other one has a space anyway in sept. Could explain place came up unexpectedly and as you had a waiting list offered it first family on there to be fair other lady only just asked . You could offer to put babys name down in case another one comes up before sept.

lisbet
21-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes, given what you have said I would do this:

I wouldn't say a word about it. If she asks I would be telling a little fib regarding when you knew mindee was dropping a day and new mum wanted a space. I would let her think this all happened before she asked for a space for baby - at that point you had been told there was no point keeping a space for baby , so you didn't. You filled the space with a new child.

Hope it all works out okay x

Mummits
21-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I agree. I would offer the space to the new Mum and if "old" Mum complains, just say the other lady has been asking me for ages and so I offered her the next spot that came free as you were saying only a couple of weeks back that you didn't need me to have the baby. Not that you have to justify your decisions anyway...you could just say you can't discuss the details but that you had good reasons.

lisbet
21-01-2015, 06:21 PM
I agree. I would offer the space to the new Mum and if "old" Mum complains, just say the other lady has been asking me for ages and so I offered her the next spot that came free as you were saying only a couple of weeks back that you didn't need me to have the baby. Not that you have to justify your decisions anyway...you could just say you can't discuss the details but that you had good reasons.

Nicely put! :thumbsup:

smurfette
27-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Guys thanks all so so much for your thoughts!! Haven't been back on cos it's all been up in the air .. Anyway had phone call from new mum this am who says her parents can't pick up the slack after all, (so even if I can offer her two days it won't help. She is however very happy to wait for the three days to come up together.. I spoke to mum of little man I have four days a week as I can't accommodate his preschool pick up nor live off the half days rate so she will be moving him probably in may / June .. New mum happy to hang on, baby is ok where she is for now but would prefer what I offer lots of company and outings! I am so happy cos it also means I can accommodate new baby of old parent even for a half day which will help I think!!

Even if when little fella leaves new mum decided not to take space his mum will give me 4 weeks notice so I am not worried

JCrakers
27-01-2015, 11:39 AM
My head must be melted too as when I read the thread title I thought a mindee had a melting head :laughing:

I need to go and lie down

smurfette
27-01-2015, 12:10 PM
My head must be melted too as when I read the thread title I thought a mindee had a melting head :laughing: I need to go and lie down

Lol! Do!!!