PDA

View Full Version : Accessible water

lor
19-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Hi there,

How do you make sure children can accsess water throughout the day? without out it becomming a RA issue!!

thanks in advance xx

moggy
19-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Lidded beakers of water for early years ages, within their reach on a table.

FloraDora
19-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Use a monkey fountain - works a treat now they are used to it and don't treat it as water play!

lor
19-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Sorry to be a pain but question for you both Moggy how do you make sure your little ones only use their beaker?
and FloraDora what is a monkey fountain?

Thanks in advance (again)xx

sarah707
19-01-2015, 08:52 PM
each child has their own water bottle - they are all different colours / patterns - they sit on a tray on the windowledge in the conservatory.

The children catch on really quickly and just take their own :D

moggy
19-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Sorry to be a pain but question for you both Moggy how do you make sure your little ones only use their beaker?

They have their own colour (I use same colour to label all their things here), by 14-18mths they know their own colour. I watch little ones and teach them, older ones help teach little ones too!

FloraDora
19-01-2015, 09:06 PM

Paul Frank Julius Mini Water Dispenser - serves 8 glasses of water, a guide for a daily minimum intake, or your favourite beverage.: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006675TL6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage)

Monkey fountain - loads of ice in the summer means it is really cold.

lor
19-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks for suggestions, FloraDora had a look at monkey fountain what a fab idea! xx

lollipop kid
19-01-2015, 10:02 PM
each child has their own water bottle - they are all different colours / patterns - they sit on a tray on the windowledge in the conservatory.

The children catch on really quickly and just take their own :D

I agree with Sarah - I have a child who has just turned 12 months. He has been with me only a couple of months and already knows that his lidded cup is the dark blue one and won't touch any other lidded cup. (I find out the colour of lidded cup used at home at my home visit, and then buy the same colour for here. Tommy Tippee ones in my case, which come in a good range of colours.)

I also have two children whose favourite colour is green. They both have an identical cup, but I've used a permanent Sharpie to write their names on the front of their cups. One's just turned two, the other is 2 and a half. They love seeing their names written on their cups, and NEVER mix them up. :clapping:

Hope that helps.

L

TinyTinker
22-01-2015, 11:34 AM
all mine bring their own water bottles/drink cups from home! that way it is something they have chose, are used to using etc...they soon learn whose is whose and they all notice if one has a new one :)