PDA

View Full Version : Weaning babies and bottle fed

mumofone
18-01-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm in the process of writing my healthy eating policy and wondered what's best practice regarding babies that are weaning? Do you make babies food for them or do you request its provided until they can eat "properly"?
Also with bottle fed babies should I provide sterilised bottles or request parents provide then already sterilised?
Not sure what to do?

loocyloo
18-01-2015, 05:30 PM
My parents of babies provide sterilised bottles and formula measured in a pot. I provide the boiling water! I then send bottles home to be sterilised!
Some parents send ready made formula which I prefer!
I ask parents to send main meals for babe until they are eating 'normal' food that might just need a bit of mushing with a fork! ( usually about a year old or so ) if parent says babe on 'normal' food I ask them to send meals for the first few days so a) it's something they & I know babe will eat. And b) I can see how much they are usually given and eat!
I'm happy to deal with snacks.

watford wizz
18-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Don't forget you need to know exactly what it is you are feeding baby, I do sealed jars or my home made weaning food. I work with parents/carers closely but then I'm responsible for what I provide.