PDA

View Full Version : Non payment

childminder54
18-01-2015, 04:47 PM
I've e had a new baby start 1day week for two weeks 3 days a week next 2 weeks. He asked if he could pay on a Saturday I agree but last week I had to chase up as he didn't he payed Monday checked my bank account today they have not payed the one day which is a Wednesday I had the child. Come tomorrow I've got him for the three days, they are bringing the child at 7.15 I feel like saying well I've not been payed for last week sorry I cannot have today. Why oh why do parents don't pay on time they are not the only one not paying, I'm fed up asking people for the money I'm owed.

Mouse
18-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Payment is one thing I am very strict on and I make that clear from the beginning. All payment is made in advance and in the beginning there are no exceptions to this. No payment = no care. To be honest, I think I probably frighten parents!

Once parents have been here a while and once they have proved themselves where payments are concerned, I will make allowances. If a child is off sick on payment day I let parents pay the next time the child is here. Or if they've genuinely forgotten the money (I can see the quivering!) I will let them drop it in later or pay the next time. In the beginning I will send them away to get the money, or expect them to drop it round!!

I've found it's the best way to be. Be firm from the outset and you'll avoid payment issues :thumbsup:

childminder54
18-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I know I'm too soft need to sort it out. Parents are walking all over me.

watford wizz
18-01-2015, 06:07 PM
You could perhaps e-mail to say that you have not received payment and that they need to bring it with them in cash in morning or care will be with held until payment made if you have this in your contracts.

AliceK
18-01-2015, 07:02 PM
You could perhaps e-mail to say that you have not received payment and that they need to bring it with them in cash in morning or care will be with held until payment made if you have this in your contracts.

I agree. Make them aware via text and email tonight. If they turn up tomorrow without payment then send them away as per your messages. If you do online banking you can check your account before they turn up. If you give them an inch they will take a mile. Sad but true. I can't afford to be messed about where money is concerned so I am very very strict on this.

xxx