PDA

View Full Version : Help with own son.

Smileyface
16-01-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm just after some advice on my own son who started reception in sept has been fine except the last 2 months has changed so much emotionally very upset over anything the can't be bothered attitude....
He asks the same question 20 times and I give him the same answer.
He says he worries about things i.e who's going to pick him up from school only me or dad do this... His teacher asked for him to bring shorts next week and he didn't stopped asking me to get these shorts for him even tho he wasn't at school till Monday im so calm with him but it's so draining.
Please any advice welcome.

shortstuff
17-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Im so sorry to hear your ds is struggling. Have you asked his teacher how he is during the day? It could be that the reality of full time school has hit him.

Mine does the question thing and it took a while to reassure him. Maybe a month? We now run through a checklist in the morning. X, y and z are in your bag. I will see you at the end of day or dad will.

It might help to get his teacher on side. I did. She realised that mine needs reassuring. Now if anything put of the ordinary is going to happen we are both prepared. For example they are going on a trip in a couple of weeks. He has seen me pay and hand the slip in. Now he is ok with it.

Hth