PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break from childminding

JoRo163
15-01-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm taking a break from childminding, have given notice to all my families & now having a wobble lol

Basically I'm worn out & need a rest. I've taken a part time job just doing lunch times in a nursery which will give me an adequate income and a small amount of stability whilst still working in the same field. I'm now debating whether to serve notice to Ofsted or remain registered. I'm due an inspection this summer, so if I have an inspection with no children on roll, does that mean they will re inspect sooner after that? Or will it be the standard 3 years after that?

Any ideas?

JoRo163
15-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Just to add, I may or may not return to childminding. At this stage I really don't know what I want to do long term...

VeggieSausage
16-01-2015, 01:05 PM
You are unlikely to be inspected at exactly 3 years, I am on 4 years now so it will give you some breathing space to decide....why not just wait and keep your registration up but for now and if they phone you in the future make a decision then....

Simona
16-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Just to add, I may or may not return to childminding. At this stage I really don't know what I want to do long term...

If you don't know what to do long term stay registered because if you deregister and then apply again it will be very expensive and long winded.

The last Ofsted survey shows a huge number of cms are 'registered' but not working...that is allowed and nothing wrong with that if you wish to take a break for whatever reasons...I believe you can do that up to 3 years

If you get inspected with no children on roll you will not be graded but the report will show you meet ...or not...the conditions of registration

Taking a break sometimes means you can reflect on your options for the future...something may come up that will trigger a final decision
Good luck and enjoy the break! :thumbsup: