PDA

View Full Version : Contracts?

mumofone
15-01-2015, 11:45 AM
I was wondering what the best type of contracts to use are and whether any guarantee any less potential messing about by parents than others?! Would any contract do as effectively as the next?

loocyloo
15-01-2015, 01:19 PM
I use pacey contracts as I feel they cover most things and if there is a problem I have back up from the pacey legal team. I add other bits that are relevant to me.
I also think it shows parents that we're doing a 'proper' job, not just a bit of babysitting.
I also like the fact that they are carbon copies so parents and I can quickly and easily have a copy without having to photocopy!

mumofone
15-01-2015, 01:20 PM
I use pacey contracts as I feel they cover most things and if there is a problem I have back up from the pacey legal team. I add other bits that are relevant to me. I also think it shows parents that we're doing a 'proper' job, not just a bit of babysitting. I also like the fact that they are carbon copies so parents and I can quickly and easily have a copy without having to photocopy!

Yeh I wondered about carbon copies, I thought they may be better.

I wasn't going to join pacey but do you get legal backup if you do?

moggy
15-01-2015, 01:21 PM
I use pacey contracts as I feel they cover most things and if there is a problem I have back up from the pacey legal team. I add other bits that are relevant to me.
I also think it shows parents that we're doing a 'proper' job, not just a bit of babysitting.
I also like the fact that they are carbon copies so parents and I can quickly and easily have a copy without having to photocopy!

Me too! They are not perfect but look professional and do the job for me.

mumofone
15-01-2015, 02:20 PM
How much do contracts cost from pacey either if you're a member or if you're not?

moggy
15-01-2015, 06:58 PM
How much do contracts cost from pacey either if you're a member or if you're not?

See Pacey shop - They come in a pack of 6, check website shop for P&P though. Shop says:

Price
Members £10.50
Non members £19.50

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2015, 07:40 PM
There is a 24/7 legal line available with Pacey and you can discuss anything, not just work

rickysmiths
16-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Remember that the cost of a Contract may seem a lot when you see it quoted but when you put it as part of the costs of taking on a child, the income you will get from that child and the protection the Contract offers, also it is an Expense against your business. I feel it is a small price to pay.

Last year I costed out how much it cost me to sign up a new Child. It came out at approx £21.

It covers 1 hour initial Interview, the 1.5 hour interview to sign and go through all the paperwork, Contracts and other paperwork parents have to sign, a (50p) folder for the parents which I put all the copies of their documents, a copy of my Ofsted Report and a copy of my 8 page Policy Document and setting up the Child's LJ/Daily Diary.

Simona
16-01-2015, 02:05 PM
I was wondering what the best type of contracts to use are and whether any guarantee any less potential messing about by parents than others?! Would any contract do as effectively as the next?

any contract is legal as long as it is 'signed by all parties' and contains proper wording and clear terms and conditions
You can buy off the shelf or make your own...you can get it checked at little cost and you can update it as and when necessary

It is not true that only associations' contracts are professional...you can google contracts and find all the right things to do if you devise your own
You can include registration sections in it and also a prospectus...all in one and it will have your 'copyright' too.