PDA

View Full Version : Inspections

Smileyface
13-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Hello I wonder if anyone could help me this october coming It would have been three years since last inspection I got a good when should I expect the call for the next one thank you x

moggy
13-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Hello I wonder if anyone could help me this october coming It would have been three years since last inspection I got a good when should I expect the call for the next one thank you x

It should be any time before Summer (July?) 2016 (that is the end of this inspection cycle).
Many CMers are waiting still after 5 or 6 years.
Ofsted are prioritising Requires Improvement and Inadequate graded settings for inspection, it seems.
So could be quite some time yet!
And who knows what may change in terms of inspection regime before 2016.

hectors house
13-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Had mine Nov 2014 - previous one March 2009 - 5 1/2 year gap - you could check through the inspection reports for your area and find out if the inspections they are currently doing are for new childminders or for those who got Satisfactory last time, if you find they have started re-inspecting minders who got good about the same time as you - then panic! Then calm down and make sure you are as up to date as you can be - including updating and submitting your SEF. :thumbsup: Should think you are fine another year at least though :D

rickysmiths
14-01-2015, 11:46 AM
I and a number of local cm had ours during 2011 and not one of us has had a call yet but we know it will come in the next 18 months.