PDA

View Full Version : Partnership with parents in EYFS

samb
09-01-2015, 07:27 PM
I have spent the day researching working in partnership with parents for an assignment for my degree and although I have found tonnes of info about it I cannot for the life of me find where it is in the EYFS... I have a bit from the 2 year progress check guidance and the old principles into practise cards. I've even found it in the old foundation stage file! I think my brain is researched out and everything is just going fuzzy - help!

tori4
09-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Haven't got it infront of me but possible under organisation.... Something alongs side starring info with OTHERs - this includes parents

but there is def a bit where is says you must share what activities Children do and what they eat so that will be under

Improving outcomes and health

If u have the document as a PDF it's great cause you can search for single words

Off I put my fingers on the document - I will flock throu and let u know

samb
09-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Thank you you've helped me focus my brain! Ok I've found bits in 3.67, 3.69, 3.72... Just looks less than I thought

Simona
09-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Thank you you've helped me focus my brain! Ok I've found bits in 3.67, 3.69, 3.72... Just looks less than I thought

The EYFS is clear about this...in their edu speak and 'concentrated' language.... but Ofsted factsheets tell us what they are looking for in their inspections and how they judge us on partnership working...also leadership and management

The EYFS for parents is the way to share what the framework entails...all about me is about what parents know about their child and pass on to us
The first reference is in EYFS p5 'partnership working'
Also p9 1.7 about supporting language development

Next is Section 2 Assessment and progress check at 2 ...both on page 13...2.3 2.4 2.5
Medicine is another one p25 and now the Allergens we use in cooking and need to notify parents

SEN ...p29 which will be updated as the EYFS2014 is out of date on this...this is total partnership working regarding SEND

Information and records on p 29 alongside confidentiality
p30 relates to Info about the child and how to share info with parents
Also complaint on the same page 3.74 and 3.75

There are also additional publications on the 'Home Learning Environment' and all the latest stuff on how to 'support' parenting skills in all sorts of way

The current EYFS is really in need of an update and will come soon...I am sure there are more I have not listed?

Smiley
10-01-2015, 04:13 PM
There's also a bit in the statutory framework page 30 information for parents 3.73 and obviously the progress check, page 13.