PDA

View Full Version : funded places

gemma659353
08-01-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm new to all of this. How do childminders qualify for funded places? Can you offer funded hours as soon as you have been approved?

clareelizabeth1
08-01-2015, 11:32 AM
You have to contact your development officer and they will tell you as it is different in each area.

Simona
09-01-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm new to all of this. How do childminders qualify for funded places? Can you offer funded hours as soon as you have been approved?

It will depend on your inspection grade but LAs vary on this
Approach your EY team or the financial dept who will explain how to claim

Be prepared for EY to put some conditions in your way...the only condition is your grade: Goor or above ...no network or qualifications

Talk it with them and also look at the funding rates for 2 year olds and 3 year olds which will allow you to plan for a sustainable business.

Good luck

hectors house
09-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Our LA accepts Satisfactory grades for 3 & 4 year old funding, but need Good or Outstanding for 2 year old funding.

Kiddleywinks
09-01-2015, 12:09 PM
It will depend on your inspection grade but LAs vary on this
Approach your EY team or the financial dept who will explain how to claim

Be prepared for EY to put some conditions in your way...the only condition is your grade: Goor or above ...no network or qualifications

Talk it with them and also look at the funding rates for 2 year olds and 3 year olds which will allow you to plan for a sustainable business.

Good luck

Simona (sorry OP for the hijack)
Would the LA be overstepping it's mark by making CM's sign a contract with the LA which includes agreeing to regular monitoring visits within the contract terms of accepting FEYE funding? As far as I'm aware, preschools and nurseries have no such agreement

Rubybubbles
09-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Simona (sorry OP for the hijack) Would the LA be overstepping it's mark by making CM's sign a contract with the LA which includes agreeing to regular monitoring visits within the contract terms of accepting FEYE funding? As far as I'm aware, preschools and nurseries have no such agreement

This is what used to happen when we were on a network, preschools and nurseries do have these visits in most areas I've been too, not a bad thing in my mind!!

Simona
09-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Simona (sorry OP for the hijack)
Would the LA be overstepping it's mark by making CM's sign a contract with the LA which includes agreeing to regular monitoring visits within the contract terms of accepting FEYE funding? As far as I'm aware, preschools and nurseries have no such agreement

LAs can put some conditions in place in their contract or...Terms of funding....like auditing how you pass on your funding...that is for their accountability....all you have to do is show you do not charge for the 15 hours and keep invoices as proof. What you charge outside the free hours is your business. They do not have to audit your accounts

Preschools and nurseries are audited too. That is all LAs can do from my understanding

If you look at the DfE guidance for LAs: Early Education and Childcare (Sept 2015) it states clearly LAs cannot interfere with the running of a setting's business outside the funding
This is on page 5 and refers to CMs

On page 4 it says the change is in view of the fact that Ofsted is now the 'sole arbitrer' of quality, LAs need to ensure all eligible children access early education, LAs provide info, advice and training and providers promote British values.

Hope this helps and it is my interpretation of course

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/351592/early_education_and_childcare_statutory_guidance_2 014.pdf

Kiddleywinks
09-01-2015, 05:18 PM
This is what used to happen when we were on a network, preschools and nurseries do have these visits in most areas I've been too, not a bad thing in my mind!!

Thanks Rubybubbles - I don't have a problem with visits per se, but the background for me is that my LA have until recently insisted that funded providers had to be on the network which I disagreed with.

My personal opinion is that they're not impressed that, not only have been challenged on their insistence of additional criteria, but that I dared to go over their heads to the DofE, AND... they informed I was right and they were wrong, so have had to make funding available to the hundreds of CM's in our area rather than the 'select few' that were signed up to the network on the promise of being able to do funding - wrong of the LA to have done that as IMO they lied through their back teeth, so if they can lie over that, or 'abuse their position', whatever it can be called, what else can they be deceptive on...?
I'm trying to establish more, whether or not it's an actual accepted generalised requirement of receiving funding or just my LA still being - for want of a better word - awkward :thumbsup:.

Simona
09-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Thanks Rubybubbles - I don't have a problem with visits per se, but the background for me is that my LA have until recently insisted that funded providers had to be on the network which I disagreed with.

My personal opinion is that they're not impressed that, not only have been challenged on their insistence of additional criteria, but that I dared to go over their heads to the DofE, AND... they informed I was right and they were wrong, so have had to make funding available to the hundreds of CM's in our area rather than the 'select few' that were signed up to the network on the promise of being able to do funding - wrong of the LA to have done that as IMO they lied through their back teeth, so if they can lie over that, or 'abuse their position', whatever it can be called, what else can they be deceptive on...?
I'm trying to establish more, whether or not it's an actual accepted generalised requirement of receiving funding or just my LA still being - for want of a better word - awkward :thumbsup:.

CMs networks do not exist anymore...Truss put an end to them when she was informed that they kept funding only for those Accredited and within it and that not ALL LAs did have them

I can 'boast' that myself and my colleague informed her when we met her in August 2012 and she acted immediately on this as soon as she became Under Secretary in September ...she was not aware of the ins and outs of networks and was 'appalled' that Good/outstanding CMs were not able to draw funding....the rest is history and, in my view, a bit of equality came CMs' way....of course some CMs did not like it but the result is positive.

'Network' is a general term and any group of cms supporting each other can call themselves a 'network' but the original 'Children come First' and subsequent LAs networks are defunct.

LAs cannot ask for cms to belong to a network as condition of funding...the DfE will not be happy if that was the case and there is a publication on it...if I can get my hands on it I will post it.

Agencies will, in the end, be a form of network as many LAs will say....but that is another story and we hope they never come to anything :thumbsup:.

Any setting with a grade less than Good must be supported by the EY team...part of one of the Acts that escapes me now....for the others it is an option if LAs offer that but there are certain things LAs must do anyway.

The other form of support comes in the shape of 'Getting Good seminars' which Ofsted runs with LAs...at the moment cms are not included...surprise surprise...but Nick Hudson has repeatedly been told this is unfair and will look into it..

bunyip
09-01-2015, 07:34 PM
CMs networks do not exist anymore...Truss put an end to them when she was informed that they kept funding only for those Accredited and within it and that not ALL LAs did have them

I can 'boast' that myself and my colleague informed her when we met her in August 2012 and she acted immediately on this as soon as she became Under Secretary in September ...she was not aware of the ins and outs of networks and was 'appalled' that Good/outstanding CMs were not able to draw funding....the rest is history and, in my view, a bit of equality came CMs' way....of course some CMs did not like it but the result is positive.

Well, that's two people I've quite unexpectedly started to like. :D

IME, the definiton of "network" was "a bunch of small-minded chubbies eating cake and navel-gazing at an inaccessible venue." My personal opinion; my personal situation. :rolleyes: