PDA

View Full Version : Where do you store all your toys?

KateA
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Hi, I am looking for ideas where to store all the toys and books I have! At moment they are stored in my sons room but he is 7 year this year and don't feel he should have all the preschool toys\ books in there anymore as takes up so much space leaving no room for his own stuff. I don't have the space or want them out permantly! in my living areas. So that leaves my shed do toys and books store well in sheds without getting damp and ruined?

hectors house
06-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Hi, I am looking for ideas where to store all the toys and books I have! At moment they are stored in my sons room but he is 7 year this year and don't feel he should have all the preschool toys\ books in there anymore as takes up so much space leaving no room for his own stuff. I don't have the space or want them out permantly! in my living areas. So that leaves my shed do toys and books store well in sheds without getting damp and ruined?

You can buy boxes with lids on and store plastic toys outside, (this is what we do at our toddler group) I don't think I would put soft toys or books out there in case they go damp - maybe cut down on soft toys and books and borrow books each week from library (I just keep library books in a cloth bag so they don't get muddled up with my own).

sarah707
06-01-2015, 09:28 PM
we have a set of shelves - if toys don't fit on the shelves out they go!! :D

loocyloo
06-01-2015, 10:01 PM
I have big cupboards in the playroom ... If it doesn't fit there ... Then like Sarah .. Out it goes!

Apart from craft stuff in a cupboard in utility room, files on shelf in dining room and some books in sitting room!!! It does rather take over!

I will admit to a huge pile of stuff in a wardrobe in dds room ... haven't used any of it for 2 years but can't bring myself to get rid of it ... I just know that as soon as I do, I will need it!

happyfeet2013
06-01-2015, 10:47 PM
I have all toys in a large sliding wardrobe the are sectioned off into baskets i got from b and m
I have a baby basket doctor basket baby basket car basket
I rotate my toys every week

watford wizz
07-01-2015, 07:04 AM
I have a play/store shed I put books/soft stuff into plastic bags then put bags into suit cases and they seem to do ok.

SandCastles
07-01-2015, 09:05 PM
I have toys all over my house and shed and everywhere I look are toys that neither my two sons play with anymore (but they did when they were younger) I rotate toys and have toys for every age group from 0 to 11 and plenty of duplicates e.g two whole boxes of Thomas the Tank Engine
This is the year I GET MY HOUSE BACK!!!
I'm opening up the bin and sling sling sling - actually no I can't quite do that yet, but I'm determined to give to charity one big bag full, twice a week as I pass by in the car, maybe starting with the large ugly singing and dancing toys which kids love but take up lots of room.

To answer your question I keep most of my plastic none battery toys in the shed, as battery toys don't work so well after spending a winter outdoors (maybe I should get rid of them first) Any tips on decluttering?

Maza
07-01-2015, 09:28 PM
I've got them stuffed into every cupboard and under DD's bed. Desperate to get rid of some and will do soon.

I also wouldn't put books in shed. I very rarely buy new books anymore as I have a library 5 minutes walk away.

bunyip
08-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Where do we store the toys? :confused:

Theory: all nice and neat in easy-clean, multilingually-labelled IKEA storage units, offering children a wide choice of learning opportunities and a language-rich environment. plus a dressing-up clothes rail. :thumbsup:

Practice: we call it "the floordrobe." :D

Rubybubbles
08-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Everywhere! My dinin room is my playroom so lots of units filled and then a massive she's with ikea units again! I have car seats in loft, 3 travel cots under my dd bed if not in use and have finally accepted my job will take over the house! (Knowing I have 2 high chairs up in kitchen) haha