PDA

View Full Version : Inspection could be looming

JCrakers
06-01-2015, 11:19 AM
After being in a relaxed mode after my March 2012 inspection...thinking 'Phew, thank goodness that's over with' I have just realised with utter panic that its 2015!!!!!

That means in March its been 3years....I can't believe it :panic::panic::panic::panic:

I'm up to date with everything except my SEF so Im pretty ok with it but I cant believe its come around so fast. Last time it was 3yrs 7m although the childminder down the road went 5yrs between inspections.

Simona
06-01-2015, 12:03 PM
After being in a relaxed mode after my March 2012 inspection...thinking 'Phew, thank goodness that's over with' I have just realised with utter panic that its 2015!!!!!

That means in March its been 3years....I can't believe it :panic::panic::panic::panic:

I'm up to date with everything except my SEF so Im pretty ok with it but I cant believe its come around so fast. Last time it was 3yrs 7m although the childminder down the road went 5yrs between inspections.

Welcome to the club of those waiting to be inspected :D
Ofsted have changed the cycle of inspection so not unusual to be waiting for more than 3 years to be reinspected...it will depend on your last grade!!

All we can do is relax and wait for the call!:thumbsup:

Pixie dust
06-01-2015, 01:41 PM
It will have been 5 years next month since my last inspection so I am pretty sure mine will be soon !

lozzy23
06-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I had my Inspection back in February 2009 with my co-minder at her house - I started up in my own home over 4 years ago and expected to have my inspection before my ex co-minder. She had hers in July 2014 and I have been on tenterhooks ever since.

Ripeberry
06-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Mine was in March 2010, so I'm in a bit of a panic as well :panic:

loocyloo
06-01-2015, 02:17 PM
mine was October 2008 !!!

nothing else to say!

SYLVIA
06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Aug 2009 here. I've given up thinking about it, I'll deal with it when they ring.

JCrakers
07-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Think i'll keep calm this year as I don't think they will ring.

Fingers crossed i've got another year at least....cant believe yours was 2008 loocyloo :eek: That's a long time.

I started minding in Sept 2007, had my first inspection in August 2008 and another in March 2012 (both good outcomes)

Rubybubbles
07-01-2015, 04:52 PM
November 2008 here and I got a good so really waiting haha

blue bear
07-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Six years today for me, every time the phone rings I think it's them.

childminder54
08-01-2015, 09:07 PM
How has the cycle been changed. Can you explain in more detail please.

Simona
09-01-2015, 08:30 AM
How has the cycle been changed. Can you explain in more detail please.

Ofsted have announced a while back that the cycle of inspection will end 2016...having said that things are not running as smoothly as Ofsted would want
I would not swear they will keep to that deadline either so keep updated.

They are behind in inspections...hence the reason some cms are now entering their 4th...5th ...or even 6th year waiting for a re inspection
1st inspections have also been delayed to within 30 months because Ofsted are behind in those as well....it is all on their website or announced by Nick Hudson in NWorld...so easily traceable...threads have also been posted here in this forum to share as in many other places

The current cycle covers the EYFS 2012 until 2016 ...follow the Ofsted Big Conversation too as there is the real news coming from the Ofsted directors who attend....the London OBC meeting feedback does give info on this.
Many areas of OBC are due to meet again...keep updated

In general cms should not compare the time since their inspection...some have been waiting longer than others...it depends on the area

Sorry there is no certain way of knowing what Ofsted is up to...they move the goal posts as it pleases them...they run consultation after consultation.... then put one thing in place and move on to the next change before we have digested the changes....that is the only sure cycle we can rely on....constant change!

munch149
09-01-2015, 08:33 AM
I'm 4 years in march but I'm now on maternity leave so they will have to wait until August at least