PDA

View Full Version : before and after school

saintsue
05-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone I am thinking about starting doing just before and after school, does anyone else do this. I have never done before and after school before, been minding 15 years just baby's. I am full at the moment. Dont know what to do.what do you all think? What paperwork do you have to do for before and after school? How much do you charge?

Thanks Sue xx

natlou82
05-01-2015, 06:44 PM
I do both but only have 1/2 EYFS each day and wraparound taking my other spaces (I am full in the evening). I am not busy at breakfast as my local school offers breakfast club at £1.50! I'm not interested in competing with that. After School I charge a flat rate of £10 that includes a snack and meal (which could be a light option). I find it works well for me as there's a high demand in my area. Although it wouldn't be enough income for me without one or two little ones :-)

k1rstie
05-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Often the after school interest I get is mum does not want to pay for a full session at the after school club, but only need till 4.30 or 5.

One of mine comes because the after school club has a late payment fee if parents collect late- after 6. Dad is often stuck on the M25

Childminders can often offer a different type of flexibility that is not available for after school clubs. Starting 15 minutes before the club starts in the morning, or being open 15 minutes later than the club can make all the difference to parents and can make childminders by far the better option.