PDA

View Full Version : having a break from childminding

Xiou
04-01-2015, 03:08 PM
does any one know the rules regarding having a break from childminding?

I am thinking of having a break for a year or 2 to concentrate on my own family.

i have just renewed my first aid, my child protection, my food safety, my insurance and my registration.

What is the most amount of time I can take off without it affecting my registration? Will I be inspected during this time? Do I need to officially notify Ofsted?

blue bear
04-01-2015, 03:27 PM
When ofsted ring you for your inspection you will be given a basic inspection and given an outcome of met or not met against the criteria. As you will have no children on the roll they will tell you if you have no children after three years they will automatically de register you.

Don't let it get to that or it causes problems with DBS checks in the future always best to resign yourself before being de registered if that makes sense.

loocyloo
04-01-2015, 03:28 PM
I think that as long as you keep paying for your registration, and insurance, you can stay registered for up to 3 years, but I'm not sure how that goes in relation to inspections any more! I#m also not sure if you still need first aid, but I'm pretty sure you do!

good luck and enjoy your break xx

Xiou
04-01-2015, 03:30 PM
why would i need to resign?

I thought you could have a break without it affecting your registration.....is that not right?

blue bear
04-01-2015, 04:55 PM
You can have a break but only three years max

Simona
06-01-2015, 09:50 AM
why would i need to resign?

I thought you could have a break without it affecting your registration.....is that not right?

You do not need to resign...take your break and keep your registration going by keeping PLI and other matters up to date
At the moment you can take a 3 year break...not sure who invented that rule but no point in arguing against bureaucracy.

If an inspector calls for an inspection and you have no EYFS children on roll then you will not be graded just given 'met' in terms of requirement

No reason why CMs cannot take a break...many mothers take a break when they have children so why not us taking it for personal reasons?
do not resign unless you are absolutely sure ...keeping the registration, PLI and other bits going is expensive but better than giving up and re- registering...that could be a lot of trouble

Good luck and enjoy your break and your family!!:thumbsup: