PDA

View Full Version : Garden inspiration!

alex__17
04-01-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm looking for garden inspiration...ours in mainly lawn, my husband loves it as do I, don't want it covered in plastic so looking for some more natural play ideas (that don't cost the earth!).
Any photos of ideas people can share? We have a shed with ride ons and balls etc but I feel like it needs a revamp in time for spring

sarah707
04-01-2015, 01:35 PM
We take the children on regular visits to the park to experience large equipment play ... so our garden is for small scale games and we have a shed to keep everything tidy :D

alex__17
04-01-2015, 02:09 PM
I do the same, most days we are out all morning until after lunch at adventure playgrounds or national trust type parks...so over winter they've not been going out in the garden after naps in the afternoon as we've been outdoors most of the day, but last summer they did love playing out there, just want to make it a little bit less 'boring' without getting anything massive or more plastic!

blue bear
04-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Big plant pot with herbs and wooden bits, add dinosaurs, fairies, people etc for small world play.

Outdoor bean bag and a basket of books.

A plastic storage box with soil in, add some little pans and spoons and you have a mini mud kitchen that can be stored away in the shed.

Plastic guttering cut off and a couple of pan stands (pound land) for water, balls cars. Easy to sore away when not working.

Some clip boards with paper and pencils attached on string.

Make a den by tying material to fence.