PDA

View Full Version : havent been on here for a while :-)

adele1985
04-01-2015, 07:21 AM
I think the last post I done on here was about a year ago :)

I quit childminding the beginning of last year, we moved into our first house we actually owned and I got a job in a care home - I loved it at first it was a challenge but I enjoyed it but over the months I started missing the kids and the activities we done together especially when it got to autumn and I didn't have anyone to do Halloween crafts with lol :panic:

I started looking for a new job and I now am back into childcare ;) I started in a nursery room leader of the twinnie room I started on the 1st of December so just in time for all the Christmas crafts:o:o

Kiddleywinks
04-01-2015, 08:21 AM
:waving: Welcome back :waving:

How's the 'new home'? Don't suppose it feels that new now you've been there a year lol ;)

Good luck with your new job

adele1985
04-01-2015, 08:48 AM
The new home is starting to feel like ours now we have nocked a few walls down and redecorated lol still lots to do tho

Really enjoying being back with the kids just need to get my head around planning and the eyfs again tho after being out of it for nearly a year

KateA
04-01-2015, 01:19 PM
hi welcome back hope the new job is lots of fun x

sarah707
04-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Welcome back!! :clapping:

blue bear
04-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Welcome back. Sounds like you have had a busy year. Any ideas to share from nursery? Always interesting to hear how others do things, we are always hearing how childminders do more paperwork than nurseries, is that your experience?

loocyloo
04-01-2015, 03:02 PM
welcome back. glad everything is going well for you xx

adele1985
04-01-2015, 04:30 PM
I sm really enjoying the new job but the planning side of it I'm struggling with to be honest I'm used to organisation and planning the way I'm used of but the nursery dose it differently and all the rooms have the same format for planning and observations - it's just part of not bring your own boss I suppose I'll get used of it lol

Maza
04-01-2015, 07:09 PM
It must be nice having your house back to yourself though. Do you think you would go back into childminding?

adele1985
04-01-2015, 07:37 PM
I don't think do to be honest although it's nice to be my own boss now we have a mortgage to pay its nice to know I'll getting a set wage every month :-)