PDA

View Full Version : Own children and OFSTED

mumofone
03-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Ok this may be the worlds most stupidest question so apologies in advance but do OFSTED expect you to document your own child's learning, starting points etc etc if they are amongst your minded children? I assume it's only relevant for those that are paying for you to mind their children?

Kiddleywinks
03-01-2015, 09:40 PM
No, whilst your own children count for ratios, there is no paperwork involved, and if you do do an LJ, they can't use it when being inspected

moggy
04-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Inspectors have no interest in your own child at all. They only count for your ratios.

mumofone
04-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Ok thanks guys that's good :-)

loocyloo
04-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I did do a LJ for my own DD when EYFS started, as it was a good learning point for me, plus it meant I could show it to prospective parents!

I also felt that as my DD was older ( well - 3 !!! ) and she saw me taking photos/writing bits in the minded childrens books, I didn't want her to feel left out, or less special.

these days I have permission from some of my parents to share their childs LJ with prospective parents! ( not for the visiting parent to read in detail, but as a guide as to what I do! )

Simona
06-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Ok this may be the worlds most stupidest question so apologies in advance but do OFSTED expect you to document your own child's learning, starting points etc etc if they are amongst your minded children? I assume it's only relevant for those that are paying for you to mind their children?

A good question...especially because if you worked in a preschool and your child attended there a LJ would be produced and Ofsted would count your child in the numbers!
Many teachers have their own children in the school they work at but their children are included...anyone knows why this is so in comparison to CMs?

Don't ask me why Ofsted and DfE have decided that caring for own children is a matter of exclusion?... this and the matter of not being able to claim funding for own children who CMs choose to educate at home?

time we did something about it me thinks!

bunyip
06-01-2015, 06:39 PM

Gonna have to stop you right there......

There's quite a consensus of opinion to support the case for the World's most stupid question being: "Will you marry me?" :rolleyes:

mumofone
06-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Gonna have to stop you right there...... There's quite a consensus of opinion to support the case for the World's most stupid question being: "Will you marry me?" :rolleyes:

Lol something you wanna share with us bunyip?! ;-)

Mouse
07-01-2015, 06:37 AM
Gonna have to stop you right there......

There's quite a consensus of opinion to support the case for the World's most stupid question being: "Will you marry me?" :rolleyes:

To which the world's most stupid reply is: "yes!"

Simona
07-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Mumofone...if you are caring for your own children and want to 'try' and get funding for them...this will apply to any cm really in this situation...contact your LA

they can fund Cms own children at their discretion if they have funds available from their budget...this is in the DfE guidance to LAs in a clear statement

*daisychain*
07-01-2015, 11:24 AM
I was told that I could use the 15 hrs free for my own child last year, I put him in nursery school instead thought . Worth asking your LA

Simona
07-01-2015, 11:53 AM
I was told that I could use the 15 hrs free for my own child last year, I put him in nursery school instead thought . Worth asking your LA

Hurray for your LA!:thumbsup

bunyip
07-01-2015, 07:15 PM
To which the world's most stupid reply is: "yes!"

:laughing:

I was going to say the World's most stupid question was when the design consultant for the White Star Line asked the engineer in charge of the Titanic project, "Don't you think all those lifeboats clutter up the aesthetics of the upper decks?" .... but I think I did that one before. :D

Then there was the co-pilot of the Challenger shuttle who asked, "hey, any of you guys know what happens if I press this big red button...?" :panic: