PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 Year Old Funding

Jiorjiina
03-01-2015, 01:01 PM
For anyone that offers the 3/4 year old funding, how do you divide your hours up so that it all adds to 15? (And who on earth thought that offering an odd number of hours was a good idea!?)

I am going to have to offer it (will lose children otherwise), but I'm finding it really hard to find a way to divide it so that every child can claim 15 hours. Can you do different session lengths on different days?

At the moment, the best I seem to be able to come up with is 2 x 3.5 hours session a day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Even with my shoddy maths skills I realise that this adds up to 14 hours of sessions. What do I do about the extra hour? Do they just get an extra session every so often?

loocyloo
03-01-2015, 01:24 PM
I do 3 hr sessions ... either am or pm. Some children do 6 hrs a day.

I used to offer 5hr sessions (so child could do 3 days) but I found them difficult with collection and drop off so swapped to the 3hr sessions.

That said, I am flexible and do have children using all sorts of hours! I think though that the minimum hours in one day are 2 and maximum 10.

You only claim for the total funded hours child is with you. So .. I have a child 7.30am-5.30pm. Child is funded 9.00am-3.00pm and parent pays the remaining 4 hrs.

Mouse
03-01-2015, 01:42 PM
I do set funded hours, 9am-12noon or 9am-3pm. I advise parents that they can get UP TO 15 hours funded, but I am under no obligation to offer all 15 hours.

If a child comes 2 days a week, the most they can get funded with me is 12 hours a week. If they come 3 days they can get the full 15 by having 2 long days and one half day funded.

blue bear
03-01-2015, 11:30 PM
I just add up the weekly hours the child is booked in take off the 15 and charge for the rest. I don't have set sessions.
Different hours different days for children, what ever to be honest.
So one child might have 8 hours on a Monday and another child might only claim three I don't mind, I document it all clearly on invoices, la are happy, parents are happy, I'm happy.