PDA

View Full Version : Timetabling - kinda?

Pudding Girl
31-07-2008, 05:44 PM
How do you all sort out your timetabling of mindees coming and going?

Say if you have one going at 8.30am can you have one coming at 8.30am too? Or would you need to leave oooh I don't know, 20 mins between in case of late pickup and early drop off or something?

These new ones want to start at time that old mindees leave

sarah707
31-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I think there is something useful in full members resources... hope it helps :D

Pudding Girl
31-07-2008, 07:08 PM
yup I have that, it's more the practicality I am worrying about, that I would end up over numbers if they crossed over at all, and get into trouble, and how others manage this? like changing the times or whatever?

Sorry maybe I didn't explain very welll!

son77
31-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Funny you should ask because I was just wondering this myself the other day.

Are the parents of the mindee who's departing always on time? If they are late on occasions that it may make it difficult. You dont want to be telling the parents who are arriving that they will have to wait because you'll be over your numbers.

Tricky!

Pudding Girl
31-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Exacty, and neither of them can change the times more than maybe 5 mins each due to their circs - well I will just have to make sure they realise they need to be punctual, and one will have to wait if they are a few mins early, or the picking up parents are a couple mins late, then I suppose that's the way round it as they will still be the parent's responsibility no? I can't afford to turn down 20 hours a week x 2 children!!

buildingblocks
31-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I always allow half an hour in these cases but if that is not able to be done then you need to explain to both sets of parents and explain that if one child has not gone then parent of second child cannot leave until the others have been picked up hope that makes sense.

son77
31-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Perhaps if you tell the collecting parents that if they late you will have to charge them per 5 mins as eating into the others time.

Seems a bit harse I suppose but you need to make sure they are punctual.

miffy
31-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Why don't you give Ofsted a ring for advice - they might suggest a variation for half an hour to cover you in case parents are running late/arriving early.

Miffy xx

Pudding Girl
01-08-2008, 06:13 AM
It's CC here love lol, I want to avoid asking for a variation as it wouldn't get granted anyhow it being for new business.

I'll do the stern talk and charging extra and maybe if it happened once and a parent had to hang around, they'd likely havbe a face like :angry: by the time the other parent got here and never do it again! Also going to suggest each changes time by 5 mins, as that#s not too much for them I should think, and gives a ten min window then

crazybones
01-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Once you have started doing it, if any problems occur then maybe you could speak to CC because it wouldnt be new business then and one set of parents need to change their hours by 30 mins and it would be continuation of care iyswim :blush:

Pudding Girl
01-08-2008, 07:23 AM
oooh Annie, you are clever ;)