PDA

View Full Version : RSPB big garden birdwatch

sarah707
31-12-2014, 08:51 AM
We have just signed up for this - https://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/.

We had lots of fun last year counting birds - whispering so we wouldn't frighten them away - making bird food..! :clapping:

FloraDora
31-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the reminder Sarah.
I do this every year on my own, Sunday afternoon, hot choc ( with some rum) just watching and photographing from our pop up hide. Last year we did it with LO's and it was a great week - I sent home picture chart and they did it at home at the weekend, these are parents who have never been interested in bird watching before, they all now have feeding stations too......great activity to do ...great liaison with parents......and it's free!

Maza
31-12-2014, 09:35 AM
I'd love to do it this year as DD is suddenly massively into birds. Is it free?

natlou82
01-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the reminder - all signed up and that's also a week of activities covered ;-)

Maza
01-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Registered. Thanks, looking forward to it.

SYLVIA
01-01-2015, 05:22 PM
I did this last year and couldn't believe how many different birds we saw in the garden ( well next doors garden) we have two cats and feeding birds is like dealing them a death sentence. We had a big pheasant came down and sat on the fence for hours. This year i'm doing it with the mindees, making feeders and printing and colouring sheets to note down the birds they see with their parents. It will be interesting to see who makes time to do it

Kirstylob
01-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I'd love to do it this year as DD is suddenly massively into birds. Is it free?

Hi Maza. Yes it's all free. You can choose to have it sent to you in the post or download it. Packs are sent out from Jan 5th.

Daisy1956
02-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks for he reminder. We love doing this each year. Amazing how even small children love to feed and watch the birds.

mrsb79
03-01-2015, 10:21 AM
All signed up even though most mindees are too little to understand my daughter who's 1 is mad for the birds she spends ages watching them out the window x