PDA

View Full Version : Portion sizes for pre-school children

sarah707
28-12-2014, 05:14 PM
I have written a new blog to share with our parents about portion sizes ... we are reviewing our menus for winter 2015 and will be making sure that we follow the latest guidance -

Portion sizes for pre-school children | knutsfordchildminding (http://knutsfordchildminding.wordpress.com/2014/12/28/portion-sizes-for-pre-school-children/)

I hope you find it useful :D

blue bear
28-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Thank you Sarah. Interesting read

loocyloo
28-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Thank you x

Daisy1956
30-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Thanks Sarah I often feel we give children too big portions then we can't understand why they don't finish the food

bunyip
30-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Excellent stuff Sarah: thanks.

I have the most terrible trouble convincing parents and CMs I speak to that a lot of children become obese on so-called "healthy" food (a complete nonsense of a term anyway.)

Did anyone catch 'Pass the Turkey Twizzlers' on the radio last Saturday. Still available on BBC i-player to listen. Lucy Kellaway set up a dinner party for some foodie snobs and 'experts' and picked apart a whole load of nonsensical media-driven received wisdom for the chattering classes. The only one there with any scientific knowledge was Ben Goldacre, author of Bad Science. He was doing quite a good job of ripping the pretentious foodies to shreds until even he admitted giving organic baby food to his children for no particularly good reason than feeling a bit better about it. If anything, it showed how deep-seated and endemic the whole subject of middle-class fact-averse food anxiety has become. :p

natlou82
30-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Very helpful, thank you :-)

TabbyTuTu
06-01-2015, 09:58 AM
very helpful thank you!