PDA

View Full Version : Catering for different nap times?

mumofone
22-12-2014, 11:25 PM
How do you do this if you look after children of different ages or even same ages but with diffferent nap time preferences? I can only see this working if children go upstairs to sleep but what if children sleep in the rooms some children would be using for activities and play (as will be my situation)?

natlou82
23-12-2014, 07:32 AM
All you can really do is offer quieter activities if poss. I can see that you are trying to be mega prepared for every possible scenario, try and relax as you will find ways that work for you once you get started. Enjoy your Christmas cause this time next year will be very different. Good luck x

samb
23-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Is there any separate area you could use for just 1 child sleeping at a different time? Even if it is a hallway that fits a travel cot or buggy? I tend to manage to get all of my little ones routines as similar as possible by having a structured routine every day. We are often out at toddlers or park etc in the morning for example so if they sleep there they will be used to sleeping with the noise etc going on around them however they will often want to stay awake and then will sleep after lunch when the others sleep too.