PDA

View Full Version : Telling your neighbours?

mumofone
22-12-2014, 07:08 PM
I was just wondering if it's good practice/manners etc to tell your neighbours you're setting up as a CM? Just so they know to expect people to be arriving/leaving the house or pulled up outside?

moggy
22-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes, I let them know- need to keep on good terms with the neighbours in this job!

Mouse
22-12-2014, 09:41 PM
I was already looking after my neighbours/friends child when I decided to register, so they knew all along what I was doing.

clareelizabeth1
22-12-2014, 10:13 PM
I have no one next to me just a few fields but my village are such gossip mungerous they knew within a few days of me handing in my notice to work.

If I had anyone living close I would of said just to be friendly and always helps to keep others sweet

KateA
23-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Hi I did not tell my neighbours too be honest never accured to me to tell them, what are you going to do if object?

natlou82
23-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I did tell mine just so they were aware of comings and goings etc plus we do chat occasionally so it was a natural thing to mention, I didn't make a special visit.

moggy
23-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Hi I did not tell my neighbours too be honest never accured to me to tell them, what are you going to do if object?

Listen to their concerns, try to reassure them, check if there is any adaptations I can make to reduce any negative effect on them (talking to parents about parking, not playing noisily out in garden very early in morning or whatever). Try to keep them on-side.