PDA

View Full Version : had my pre reg meeting

lavenderrose
31-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi i went to my pre reg meeting today and listened to all the stuff required.
now my head is spinning. I suppose when i calm down i have done some of the policies, its just she said that the inspecter would want to see all safety equipment in place , toys suitable for each age group etc, as they do not want people to get any call backs.
I have some stuff for older children, games etc, but no safety equipment in place.
I am wanting to get forms off as soon as possible but i will need to make sure everything is done first so a lot of work ahead of me for the next week or two.
Lastly while i am on the subject, anyone know how to download a self evaluation form?

DiverBabe
31-07-2008, 03:49 PM
It seems like there is so much to do at first and I felt like I didn't know where to begin :huh:
I found that once I got started sorting everything out the inspector couldn't of come sooner for me!

Good luck with it all
Xx

sarah707
31-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Who came out to see you today? Was it Ofsted or someone else??

The reason I ask is because Ofsted would have given you a list of things to do before registration, which you sign and send back to say you've done, not told you what to do verbally and gone away again... so I don't get it really...

If it was your Development Officer, then she is giving you her view of what she advises ought to be done ... now that's all well and good, but I have never heard of Ofsted, on a pre-reg, insisting on all those things in place.

Certainly not all the toys available... those depend on which ages of children you get and can be built up over time. A wish list is good, as it shows you've thought about the resources you are going to need, but you certainly don't need to rush out buying them before you are registered.

Also, a pre-reg is for advice, help, support, telling you what you need to do, you asking questions and being checked over to make sure you have an understanding of the national standards, not being given a load of baffling verbal advice.

As you can see I'm a little confused...

butterfly
31-07-2008, 05:22 PM
my pre-reg inspector was fine that not all the safety equipment was in place. she totally understood that safety stuff would depend on the chn i had e.g. stair gte wouldn't be needed if i had older chn. they just ask you what you have thought about. i suppose big stuff would be necessary if it would affect your registration e.g. covering ponds, fencing off greenhouses etc.

lavenderrose
31-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi all no this wasnt anyone coming to my house this was just going to the pre reg meeting to get all your papers etc. Goodness knows i am in enough of a state now, i will be a babbling fool when they come to my house

Annie_T
31-07-2008, 11:01 PM
glad it went ok hun, my head was spinning too dont worry

things take time x