PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming/attending today?

edayhouse
17-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Does anyone have this sort of thing
Who's attending/coming today where the mindee either finds their photo and sticks it on a board or even find there name?
Not sure where to look for some inspiration/ideas
Thanks

samb
17-12-2014, 04:31 PM
I do - I have a car shape and a house shape and a plain sheet. They are laminated. Then each child has own photo. The plain sheet is "we are coming anther day" the car is "we are coming today" and the house is "we are here". I place the days children on the car and as they come in they put it on the house and as they leave they put it back on coming another day. I use blutac but thinking of redoing it with Velcro. It's basic but effective

loocyloo
17-12-2014, 04:43 PM
I have a self registration board with Velcro strips on it. It says 'who is here today' at the top.
I then have a photo of each child laminated plus their name laminated. The children can put their photo or their name or both on the board.
The younger ones love looking in the box at the photos and it's great for slightly older ones to look at the names.
I'm on my phone so can't link but there is a thread somewhere with a picture I think! I use a focus board from pts that I stuck velcro on.

Dragonfly
17-12-2014, 06:52 PM
No sorry,lovely idea but i think a bit too much like a nursery :blush:

natlou82
17-12-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't but I love the house and car idea :-) I also like the photos and written names to help younger ones learn what their name looks like. I think I'll adopt both of these ideas in the new year :-)

Dragonfly
17-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Each child here has a photo of themselves with name under, also place mat with name. We do name recognition.

SYLVIA
17-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I like these ideas. Name recognition is an area I want to work on more

hectors house
18-12-2014, 08:13 AM
I have a notice board that has a A4 laminated sheet on saying "Who has come to play today?", children find their name card - it doesn't have their photo on instead it has a clipart of something that starts with their initial sound eg: Charlie - picture of a chicken, Patrick - Parrot. The children use these cards until I want them to start recognising their names, on the back of their picture card, I have just their name written and I turn the cards round so they have to read the word.

I also have on the board "What shall we play with today?" where they choose from photographs of toys that are stored in garage/toy store room, then we go and fetch them.

Also have calendar and weather board - from Sparklebox, and an emotions board with small mirror.

Maza
18-12-2014, 08:44 AM
I made some name cards for my pre-schoolers because I thought it was a great way of getting them to recognise their name. No fancy board though, just magnetic tape on the back of laminated name card and they stick it on my fridge. They do enjoy doing it. x

vals
23-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Same as others- just a simple photo and name with a small magnet on the back and an A4 size magnetic whiteboard. Started this when I had children that were starting to recognise their names. I keep things simple, nothings laminated (yet) and just use card and glue etc.