PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a little annoyed

Tealady
17-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I have a lovely family who I've worked with for over four years. However the only bone of contention has been that Mum has often tried to persuade me to work Fridays which is my day off. She signed up with me knowing I do a four day week so it has always been the case.

Anyway LO now at school and I can't cover it so I only have him in the holidays 7:30 to 6. This morning I had an email from Mum asking if I mind him starting at 8 next week so he can have a more restful morning (Yay!), but then finish at 6:30pm (boo!). I close at 6pm. Always have done, always will.

I did say "No" to the later finish and know there is no harm in asking but I was slightly annoyed she asked, especially after all the previous conversations about my Fridays.

I sometimes think families don't think we have a life of our own. Does anybody else get this?

shortstuff
17-12-2014, 02:10 PM
I feel your pain.

I have a mum who tells me i look exhausted and need some time off. Next day she asks me to have her 2 los as she cant cope with them both together lol.

Ripeberry
17-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Always say NO! Then they might get the 'hint' :D

shortstuff
17-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Always say NO! Then they might get the 'hint' :D

I say yes n no on alternate requests lol

SYLVIA
17-12-2014, 09:14 PM
I try and help if I feel the family really need it but if it becomes a habit I start saying no quite often. You get to know the ones who just take you for granted

FussyElmo
18-12-2014, 06:35 AM
I always tell my parents to ask but be prepared for a no :D

catminder
18-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Do you think it really is to give mindee a more restful morning, or is it to give mum an extra 1/2 hour in bed?
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

CSR2014
19-12-2014, 04:52 PM
You have to smile that a parent wants a more restful start in the morning but doesn't want to lose half an hour they have paid for so tries to tag it onto the end of the day!! Nice try!!

jaykay79
19-12-2014, 06:43 PM
some people never fail to amuse me, I never knew people take the **** so much until I started this job, not everyone of course but there's certainly a few lol x

vals
23-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Its always the same parents who are like this. Most of mine are lovely but one set are such hard work. Always wanting to change things, never putting anything in writing, ignoring all the things I have in their pile of contract amendments that explain that I can't swap days randomly etc and not to assume I can make changes but to check first, and that if your child starts at 9 it doesn't mean they can start at 8 as I might not have a space until after the school run.
And today as they left I have them their presents and wished them a happy christmas and off they went, not even a card for me let alone a 'thank you' for the presents. Been same for the 5 years I have worked with this family.

hectors house
23-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Was due to start work at 8.30 this morning, but I made sure I went to Asda at 6.30 so I was back and ready for work by 8 as just had a "feeling", sure enough at 7.50, get a text from a mum saying "can dad drop X off at 8.30 instead of 9 and he will give you some extra money", I reply " yes the others are coming at 8.30, don't worry about extra money" and the cheeky dad dropped off at 8.20 when I was just finishing my breakfast!